Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sadie Baby

One of my employees is also one of my sister Zoey's best friends, Sadie.
Oh Sadie. 

Blackbird is about to embark on a relatively overwhelming renovation. Because I don't have enough going on you know. We're building a new wall of shelving, adding some funky lighting and giving every wall a fresh coat of paint. All during a retail season when I have the most inventory I will have all year. And it's all got to be moved in order to get this project done.
The reno itself is almost a month away, but I've been trying to get as much of the little things done in advance. One of the things I've been wanting to get off the To Do list, is painting the back wall with yellow and white stripes (a la my website).

On Monday the wall was chocolate brown. I don't have a great picture, but here's one from last Spring:
On Tuesday Sadie came along (despite having a full time job elsewhere) and spent about 8 hours doing this:

She even found a friend with a laser level (no way she could have done this without one!), and when I told her I really couldn't afford to pay her for the whole day she said she was doing because she really wants to help me and be part of making the shop look beautiful.
Oh, and because of the satisfaction of peeling off painters tape to reveal what is truly a work of art.
Check out the gorgeousness that is Blackbird's back wall:
I love Sadie.
But, she does make it pretty easy.

3 comments:

  1. So cool to see the website taken to a whole other level! Thanks for posting the reno updates - very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wall Em! You're GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete