Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To do. To do. To do some more.

Wow.
Sorry about that.

Got a little crazy around Chez Emily last month.
The store was incredibly, awesomely busy and, social butterflies that we are, we had a zillion and one places to go, people to see, presents to wrap.

Also, I was suddenly struck by the fact that this baby rattling around inside my GiNorMous belly (which has all along been arriving "next year") was suddenly set to arrive next month! And now, here we are on the 4th of the January, and I have a mere 16 days to go.
So tomorrow.
I'm basically having a baby tomorrow. Look out.

I have a c-section booked.
Rain or shine it's happening. None of this 41 and a half weeks followed by 36 hours of labour like last time.
So, unless you hear I've gone in early, think of me while you're pouring your coffee in your travel mug heading out the door to work at 8am on the 20th.

I'll be a head on wheels at the Almonte General Hospital.
Send flowers.
Or, you know, wine.
At the very least, send sympathy.

If you know me, you'll know that this realization that I'm going to have to go into new mommy hibernation so soon is just the kind of thing that sends me into major "get it done yesterday" mode.
This is probably Brad's least favourite of my many modes.
Or moods for that matter.

No one is safe from mamma and her to do list.
I've been pretty productive actually.

So far I've:
  • put together Clem's new crib/toddler bed
  • ordered new couches for back room
  • started Clem's quilt
  • had unexpected maternity photos taken by Sara McConnell.
Honestly, I can't believe I'm this big.
Other than struggling to get off the couch or into clothes, I don't even feel this monstrosity in front of me.
And it IS huge.

  • ordered super cute custom bedding (crib skirt, bumper and 2 crib sheets) from Heidi Rose on Etsy. Splurge! I hope it comes in the next few weeks!
Custom Bedding for blackbirdshop
  • shortlisted the baby names
  • launched the call for vendors for Handmade Harvest!
  • done ALL of my Spring booking for the shop. AWESOME stuff arriving in the coming month(s)!
  • hired a new gal (Amanda) to help Colleen in the shop AND worked out the schedule
  • managed to keep myself healthy enough to STILL be working (this is my last week)

Things left to do before the baby is born:
  • commit to baby names
  • get rid of bed in spare room and put crib together
  • pick up bassinet from Lisa
  • move Brad's stuff out of nursery closet and hang gender neutral baby clothes for whatshis/hername
  • finish Clemmie's "big girl" quilt (check out the gorgeous fabrics I ordered from Fabricworm on Etsy):

Reserved for Emily
  • sew fabric panel on bottom of curtain for Clem's room - DONE!
  • touch up paint in Clem's room (I would really love to repaint it... we'll see)
  • put up shelves and art in Clemmie's room
  • put up shelves in playroom
  • find the perfect piece of art for empty frame in playroom
  • blog (FINALLY!) about playroom reno
  • put ONE MORE coat on the bathroom door and put up shelves and hardware - DONE!
  • blog (FINALLY!) about bathroom redo - DONE!
  • decide on counter top solution for kitchen reno - also DO it
  • figure out a daycare schedule for Clemmie
  • stock up on some good books to read during late night feeds - DONE!
  • have a day to myself
  • go to a movie and dinner with Brad.
So there it is.
Maybe this'll help me tick a few things off.
Maybe Brad will read this (he says he doesn't read my blog) and take care of a few things without me asking.
Maybe one of you lovely people will volunteer to help me paint Clem's room.

Hey. Anything could happen.

Though I feel a bit shy posting what kind of feel like nudey shots of myself on the internet, I know I would want to see them if I were you. So I'll leave you with a few more shots from my shoot with Sara.

If you're in the market for a portrait photographer who won't make you feel like a narcissistic cheese ball by putting puppets in your face and cracking jokes in a baby voice, I'd highly recommend.




Em + one

3 comments:

  1. I like that you did those photos for baby #2. Usually the 2nd kid doesn't get as much fanfare as #1. Something for Clemmie to be jealous about ;) They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em you look fantastic! I can't wait to hear all about baby number 2. I will say though, that "to do list" made my anxiety and high blood pressure flare up. You do more in weeks than some people do in years! Hopefully you will get some angel offers to help! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful and I had a great time photographing you that morning. I'm now re-inspired to start some of my own hand made projects, like the felt circles!

    ReplyDelete