Monday, January 10, 2011

One week countdown!

What do people do who don't have friends like mine?
Cry probably.
Unless they don't know what they're missing, which I hope is the case, because I would cry every day if I didn't have such an amazing group of girlfriends to help me along in life.

Sunday, four friends (all of whom I've known for almost 20 years) and my parents came over to help me tackle my list.
Amazing what we managed to do in just 4 hours...
  • Lisa, Petrice and Kristen painted Clementine's room (I know! I was originally just going to touch up the existing paint, but when the offers to help came in I upped the work load - sneaky.) It's a colour called Juicy Passionfruit and it's just a tad brighter than I envisioned it would be. Like day glo bright with the amount of light that comes into Clem's room in the afternoon, but I think putting up a little more art and some white shelving will tone it down a bit. It's a happy colour to say the least.
Petrice doesn't look too sure about it...
  • Dad got rid of the bed in the spare room.
  • Lisa brought over her bassinet. (Now I just need a 2nd baby monitor and a baby gate pretty much)
  • Krystin painted a 2nd AND 3rd coat on the bathroom door. (Finally after 8 months or so that room is done.)
  • Dad assembled the crib in the nursery.
  • Mom began sewing up Clemmie's big girl quilt as well as a mini version for her baby. (Colleen is sewing Clem a mini sling - also for her baby. I'm putting together a little "bringing home the baby" gift for her so she can take care of her baby while I take care of mine.)
  • Dad hung the mosaic I made at Christine's in the playroom after months of it sitting on the floor. Looks SUPER cute.
  • Krystin helped me weed through Clem's old clothes and organize in "Save", "Donate" and "Consign" piles and then reclaim the closet in the new nursery from Brad.
  • And today I'm having the day to myself, so we can tick that one off too!
All that's left to do now is:
  • put up shelves in playroom (Tim's agreed to do this for us sometime in the next week.)
  • put up art and shelves in Clem's room.
  • find the perfect piece of art for empty frame in playroom (DONE! I blew up a photoMelissa took last May that I love love love)
  • blog (FINALLY!) about playroom reno
  • decide on counter top solution for kitchen reno - also DO it (in the interest of actually completing my list, I should probably just take this off...Tim to the rescue again!)
  • figure out a daycare schedule for Clemmie (DONE! She's going to continue with her full days at her friend Sophia's house on Mondays and Leslie is going to come to our place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-noon to help me out)
  • go to a movie and dinner with Brad.
Also, nap.
I plan to nap a little every day this week.
I'm doing well though don't you think?
A little sore, but I feel so great about all the accomplishments that the feelings balance each other out.

Less than a week until the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment