Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a Boy!!

I know you're all curious (and also that you'll forgive me for not blogging these past few weeks) so I'm thrilled to announce that Brad, Clementine and I have finally welcomed our newest clan member to the world.

Griffin Patrick Weir was born Thursday January 20th at 2:40pm at the Almonte General Hospital.
He weighed exactly what his sister did only 2 short years ago.
8lbs 14oz (though he was a week early due to the c-section so I suppose he might have been bigger!).

To say we were shocked to discover he was a boy would be an understatement.
I mean, you read my note a few posts back when all the answers came up girl girl girl.
I know old wives tales are not a science, but still.
We were convinced.
Brad would hardly even entertain potential boy names.

I didn't see Brad's face when little Griffin came in to the world, but I was told by a nurse he looked pretty gobsmacked and I think you can still see some tears glistening in his eyes in this picture, taken only a few moments after:

He's adjusting really well to the outside world so far.
I know not to count my chicks before they hatch though. I have vivid memories (read: recurring nightmares) of Clemmie's first week being pretty peaceful before the colic hit.


She's definitely going through a little something with all the changes happening around here, but she seems to love her baby brother.
So far.

Let the adventure begin!
Em

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Good luck with baby boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I must admit I was stalking your blog and when it was kind of quiet, I was guessing something was up. :D
    Congratulations to you and your, now, family of 4!!!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Emily, Griffin is adorable. I hope you are all doing well and getting lots of rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, congratulations! You have a beautiful baby boy! Brian and I wish you the very best and hope you are able to rest when the baby sleeps (although Clemmie may want to play when her brother is asleep).

    Best Wishes

    Jan and Brian Brazeau
    (the couple that buys more things from Blackbird for ourselves than for someone else)

    ReplyDelete