Saturday, January 8, 2011

Boy or Girl?

Today is my last day in the shop for a while.
I'll be around. I just won't have to be.

As much as I hate not being part of the day to day workings at Blackbird, I'm ready for the break.
I tired.
Really really tired and pretty uncomfortable.
But I'll leave the real whining for Brad.
And maybe my dad, because he's generally sympathetic.

I thought it might be fun to do a little gender predicting now that we're really on the home stretch here.
It seems to be a pretty even race according to my customers.
Brad and I both think it's a girl, but we have nothing to base that on except a gut feeling and the word of a needle swinging on a string.

One of the blogs I read took this from another blogger who had compiled many of the old wives tales about gender predicting. He ended up having a boy, but his results were a 7/7 split.
The other blogger got a 10 for girl, 3 for boy result and ended up with a girl.
So maybe there's something to it.

It's a snowy day in the shop and I've got time on my hands.
So here we go.

Short time to conceive = girl
Heartbeat clocked at over 140= girl (though it just went down to 138 at Monday's appt)
According to the
Chinese gender chart = girl
Sleeping on my right side = girl
Had nausea = girl
Craving citrus = girl
Significant weight gain = girl
Breakouts = girl
A bit clumsy = girl
Weight gain in my face (but not nearly as much as last time) = girl
Craving sweet over salty = girl
I'm (just a bit) moody = girl
Carrying high = girl

Well okay then.

That's a bit more affirmative than even I expected.
Now it'll be even more of a shocker if it's a boy. Which, for the record, would be equally cool.
I'm glad we waited to find out what we're having now. I was curious to find out at the beginning, but what a great surprise it'll be on the 20th.

Tomorrow is "get it done yester" day and my girlfriends Krystin, Kristen, Lisa and Petrice are coming over along with my mom and dad to tackle what's left of my to do list.
Brad is taking Clemmie to a friend's for a football/play date for the morning so I'm feeling really hopeful about getting things done.

The way I'm feeling today I just may hold a stick and boss people around.
Especially since I won't be able to get away with that much longer.

Em


No comments:

Post a Comment