Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Making hay while the sun shines...or something like that.

First things first, we're introducing a new workshop to our line up.
Finally. I don't know how you're feeling but I'm about sick of pendants.

Wednesday May 19th from 6-9pm we'll be repurposing all types of pre-loved paper into pretty little pieces of framed art - perfect to give as a wedding or baby shower gift, or to keep for yourself.
Which is totally what I would do.

The cost is $40 and includes all materials, supplies and refreshments.

If you'd like to join us here in the shop for a fun filled night of crafting, drop us an email at handmadenest@blackbirdshop.ca or call us at 613-256-9669.
As of this second, we've got 8 spots left.


Brad turned 32 last week.
I think he was a bit disappointed that I didn't make as big of a hullabaloo as I've been known to.
To be honest, I didn't think he was really in to his birthday this year.
I brought us home some Shawarma and beer, framed a picture I took of his shoes beside Clemmie's (they're both Chuck's fans) and bought him a season's pass to the driving range thinking that even if he can't golf all the time, at least he can go hit a few balls without thinking twice about the cost.
I thought it was all pretty decent for a 32nd birthday.
Maybe what depressed him was that fact that the only thing on the tube was ANTM.
I can't control these things you know.

Anyway. He's over it now, but the kid wasn't happy about his birthday this year.
I probably wouldn't have been either.
But then, I wouldn't have minded tucking in to a little Tyra on mine.

I had the idea a few weeks before his birthday to take this picture:


The talented Melissa made it all that much cuter by giving it a vintage filter.
It looks adorable framed.
I'll probably take it in the divorce.

I kid. I kid.

My sister Meg sent him an email with this yummy picture of our favourite nephew Cohen.
Where are these kids getting their baby blues?
It's definitely not from the Arbour side. Though they'll probably get our bums.
Because, you know, life isn't always fair.


This weekend was perhaps the craziest ever at Blackbird.
I double booked events on Saturday.
On purpose, but still.

We had Shawn in here doing the Mother's Day Mug Shots (huge hit) and Teri White of Swirlicious was making her custom stamped jewelry for Mother's Day.
The day was a big success.

A hot mess of kids and Mother's Day shoppers...but a success nonetheless. (Hey. That rhymes.)

Here are a few of our models in action. Jenna and Nate Sloss, my good friend Kim's niece and nephew.
Their mom Stephanie is the angel who helped get me through the dark days of colic.


I couldn't believe how many people came out to have custom stamped pieces made by Teri.
Gosh I love my mailing list.

By the end of the day Teri made more than 30 pendants for customers.
The girl didn't stop until her eyes blurred over and she started making costly spelling mistakes.
Trooper.

Her pendants were so well received that we decided she'd come back to do it again THIS Saturday (May 8th).
So if you don't have a gift for mom yet, come by the shop sometime between 10am and 5pm and Teri will work some magic for you.
Right before your eyes.



That's all the time I have for blogging today.
I just got a shipment of some seriously funky lamps in and they've got to be assembled.

Where is my stock boy when I need him?
I must have left him back at the cabana...

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment