Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jam Packed

What a weekend!
My girlfriends Melissa and Marie Lou decided to visit baby Evan (A name! He has a name!!) and stayed with me and Clementine in Almonte.
I had the entire weekend off thanks to my lovely accommodating staff and we packed it full of fun.
On Saturday afternoon, the four of us went to see this happy little family:

Who knew the kid had so much hair!
He was a very good boy the whole time we were there.
Unlike another kid I won't mention.

Clemmie loved having her aunties sleepover.
Melissa brought her camera and my girl was more than happy to oblige to a weekend of photo shoots.

Why am I wasting my time with my cheapo? Look at these fabulous pictures.
It's so worth it to have a great camera.

Be still my heart.
This one is just so...her. Look at that face.

On Sunday the girls went in for a 2nd visit and Clementine and I headed out to her friend Sophia's 1st birthday party.

There was a bouncy castle and cupcakes.
So basically, it was awesome.

Kidz Katering did the cupcakes again and they were delish as usual.
Like tiny little heart attacks in ladybugs clothing.

Now that I'm back from my weekend, my latest project is going to be a cloning effort.
If I can figure out a way to workshop it I'll be sure to let you know.
I need more time. Too many ideas, too little time.

We had another workshop last night.
Freezer paper print making.

Honestly, when I blog about these workshops and put the pictures together I am so amazed at how great everyone's creations look.
Colleen and I go in to every class no really knowing how the hell we're going to pull it off.
But we always do!
Despite the insane heat (30 degrees felt like 41 yesterday!), and no air conditioning in the store, our loyal crafters showed up to spend the evening elbows deep in fabric ink and freezer paper.

Probably not the best night to have to use an iron and hair dryer, but in the name of crafting you do what you've got to do.
You know that.





Amanda, who is basically a professional workshopper now (I think she's been to at least 4 of our nights - thank you Amanda) came fully prepared.
She printed her hand towel with the same floral print as her bathroom wallpaper.



On the canvas bag we supplied, she printed the silhouetted faces of her kids.
One on each side.
I love that she kept it all black. Simple and so adorable.


Others brought in onesies and clothing items and created some really fun stuff.


I would totally buy these.
Well, ok. I could make them so I probably wouldn't.
But I know LOTS of people who would.

Don't you think it's time you came to one of our workshops?
Look at the amazing stuff we're making.
We haven't settled on the next one yet, but you know it'll be great.
Hear about it first by joining my mailing list.

Also, the Handmade Harvest call for crafters officially hits the papers June 1st and we've already had quite a few amazing submissions.
Crafters have until August 1st to submit your stuff. In the meantime, read more about it here.

Back to work!
xo Em



1 comment:

  1. I SOOOO enjoyed the time with Clemily this weekend. Sun, wine, and three of my favorite girls. I am obsessing about YOUR house now too! We're going to find you some affordable domes & they will look fabulous! Love you to pieces! xo

    ReplyDelete