Friday, May 21, 2010

Josie and the Baby

My girlfriend Josie had her baby this week, and I'm over the moon about it.

I'm going to try to go visit her, John and little no name (she'd better hurry up and name the kid before John starts calling him "Junior") later today if they'll have me.
Otherwise we'll be going sometime tomorrow because my Toronto girls have decided to make the trip!
The timing couldn't be better.
Brad is away on his annual camping trip until Tuesday and Clemmie and I are coining this "Girls Weekend 2010".
I know.
Real original.
For the record it was her suggestion.

Look at this baby.
What a little schmoosh face.

He looks identical to Josie to me.
And she's pretty yummy.

So we did our Butterfly Workshop the other night and I know I said the pendant one was my favourite, but I may have changed my mind.
I think mostly because everyone was so chill and I actually got to sit and chat with people.
Sitting and chatting being two of my favourite pastimes and all.

The happy crafty mess...

As usual, people took the project in their own directions.

And, also as usual, they all turned out beautifully.


Heading into what I hope will be a busy long weekend here at Blackbird, so I must run.
I'll leave you with this photograph I took when I was walking with the girl Wednesday morning.
Not sure I understand the octopus, but it made me smile when I spotted it in the park.

Have a wonderful long weekend!
Emily



3 comments:

  1. I SO want to learn how to do this butterfly artwork!! It looks like a fun & creative project.

    Thanks for sharing the completed projects -- they all look great :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended a baby shower today. Of course, my eyes were peeled for handmade gifts..when I spied an amazing spiral blankie/mat, I honed in on the giver...and met Liz! She told me about this butterfly workshop and directed me to your blog! So nice to meet a kindred spirit. I'm going to follow this one and will hopefully visit your shop someday soon!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete