Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bathroom Beginnings

Wow.
I am SO tired.

We taught our third pendant workshop last night to a sold out crew of 15.
Thursday we'll do it again but really, that's got to be it for a while.
The class ended at a reasonable hour and we were home before 1opm, but after working a 12 hour day (standing no less) I was toast.

I think I was so tired though that I got a third, maybe fourth wind because I had so much energy that I couldn't sleep to save my life.
I even tried my trick where I look for the darkest spot under my eyelids and try to fall in to it (I know. Weird. I've been doing this trick since I was a kid and it usually works) but nothing!
The last time I looked at the clock was 3:30 this morning.
Blech.

Brad had an early meeting at the other end of the city so I feared that Clemmie would wake up before I could swing it. But the kid is a superstar!
Today anyway.
I heard her rustle at about 7am and I didn't get her out of her bed until 8:30am!!
She just played and talked to herself for an hour and a half.

Today is my day off and I've got so many things I'd like to do that I probably won't do a single one.
That's how I operate most days.
It's like if I can't do it all I won't do anything. I need to work on that.

I have Clementine this morning but mom takes her from 1:30 to about 5:30 and I can never decide what to do with my free time!
Today it's between going in to Ottawa to pick up some more craft supplies and swing by Winners for a little retail therapy and going to the Hardware Store to buy paint and finish my bathroom once and for all.

In my enthusiasm last week I painted the walls of the bathroom and forgot to take a real "before" picture for you, but I took some this morning so you can see that I really am taking this project on.
Just imagine these shots with sort of a light peachy fleshy barfy colour on the walls instead of the greyish shade I've chosen.
This is the fabric I bought in Toronto that will become a Roman blind if I would just muster up the nerve to cut it.
I love it that much.

I just got a bunch of these drawer pulls in Blackbird in all different colours and I think I'm going to order enough of these grey/blue ones to outfit the cupboards...once I paint them white.

What I'm trying to achieve is a room that's spa-like in it's colour palate, but with a touch of fun.
And what says "fun" more than polka dots really?
Did I hear a "stripes"?
I don't think so.

My accent colours are going to be in the coral/orange/peach family.
I just love the contrast with the icy blue in the fabric and, as I've said before, I {heart} colour.

I bought this little vase a long time ago.
It'll work swimmingly.

As for the hideous light fixture, that's going to have to wait.
I'm not that great at selecting lighting. I may have to outsource for inspiration there.
I wonder who I could ask?

I should probably tackle this for today.
It'd feel so good to finish it.
Hmmm.

Handmade Harvest (our upcoming holiday craft show) now has an official date and location!
I'm just waiting on the finalized logo so we can start working on the look and feel for the marketing materials and venue.
I'm not ready to tell you all the details, but know this: a call for vendors will be coming by the end of the month.

At this point it looks like we'll have room for somewhere around 30-35 exhibitors, so if you think you might like to be one of them, start gathering your info.
We'll be asking for a description of your craft(s) as well as a few photographs and price points.

Categories will include everything from fashion & accessories to home decor items, bath & body, edibles, baby & toys, art...and pretty much anything else that strikes us as a funky, fabulous handmade item.

We're looking for interesting ways to promote the show, so if you've got any wild ideas, please don't hesitate to share!
We want to really approach the Ottawa market, not to mention the surrounding area so if one of you sneaky readers works for the paper (or knows someone who does) I'd love to talk to you.

And that's all I'll say about that.
For now.

xo Em


1 comment:

  1. Ummm hello lighting is only my most FAVORITE subject! A trip to TO & a day of light fixture shopping is in the works please! xo

    ReplyDelete