Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And the winner is...

Hey.
Yeah. Me neither. That was like so three weeks ago.
We're on to new things now here at Blackbird.

But for those of you who are curious about the winner of the contest, I thought I'd post.
The photos turned out really great.
I think our winners here had the distinct advantage of sharing their eye colour with the upholstery.
The winners of our First Annual Mother's Day Mug Shots Photo Contest are...
Perry and Xena Santry!

I hand delivered Perry and Xena's prize on the Saturday before Mother's Day: their photo on stretched canvas courtesy of our photographer Shawn DeSalvo.

I believe by the end of the two days Shawn took photos of something like 17 groups of kids.
And one dog.

Meet Penny the Pug.
She's kind of like my step-cousin-dog...possibly once removed (I never know how those things work), but that's a story for another time.

These two are my talented friend Jenn Symons' kidlettes.
They're really this sweet outside of photographs too.
I should pay closer attention to her child rearing technique...

And here are cousins Eilidh, Emalea and Calen McBain.
Three future heartbreakers.
They're all too gorgeous not to be don't you think?

Anyway.
It's not even 7am yet on Wednesday and I've been up for an hour thinking about all the other things I have to tackle today.
And I can hear Clementine on the monitor going "no wayyyy go wayyy...kitty? babba baba...dada?" so I guess I better go hop in the shower before she ramps things up.

Have a wonderful day.
It looks like another sunny one.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment