Saturday, May 8, 2010

Handmade Harvest

I had the day off Thursday because our sitter was away, so I invited Colleen over to spend a little nap time hashing out some details for the craft show.
Col and I like to talk to each other in sort of half sentences.
We never complete a thought, and yet miraculously, the comprehension seems to be there.

I'd like to think she and I can cover more topics in less time doing this, but I sometimes am left with unanswered questions.
Not Thursday! Boy were we productive.

While she was here, Melissa emailed us her take on the logo.
Amazing.
She is so amazing.
It's exactly what we wanted.
And we didn't even know what we wanted.
Spurred on by the actualization of our logo, we called the venue and asked if we could pop by for a visit to take some pictures and start visualizing the event.
The place is even MORE beautiful than I remembered.
I suppose I can tell you where it is now.

Drum roll...

The Handmade Harvest Craft Show will be held Saturday November 6th, 2010 at the Almonte Old Town Hall.
Doors will open at 9am and close at 5pm
There will be door prizes, gift bags and all sort of goodies.
Maybe buttons. We're thinking buttons.
I love buttons.

Know what else we're thinking?
We're going to host a HUGE workshop in the venue the night before.
Like 50 people huge.
There's a great stage and it'll be so much fun to be able to spread out in the space and create.



Look at my insane child running and screaming in the corner of this picture.
She loved the huge space and every time I would run to a corner of the room to take a picture she'd chase after me.



Check out the gorgeous windows.
This place will be so much fun to decorate.

The official call for vendors still isn't out yet, but as I said previously we will be asking for email submissions that include descriptions of your craft as well as some photographs.
Vendor submissions will be accepted no later than July 1st 2010 so if you are interested it wouldn't be a terrible idea to start thinking about gathering your stuff together.

On the same weekend as Handmade Harvest, the Christmas in the Valley Artisan Show will be held at our newly renovated Community Centre (read: Arena) just down the street so it'll be a fantastic weekend to come to Almonte for some handmade holiday shopping.
I know I wouldn't miss it.

To reward Miss. Clem for her good behaviour, we took her the Superior Restaurant for lunch.
The Superior doesn't always live up to it's name (I mean, superior to what? Making lunch my damn self I suppose), but it's a great old diner that I don't have to stress about Clemmie getting a little rowdy in.

I'm not dissing the "Supe". This place holds a place in my heart really.
In high school my friends and I used to sit there and share a poutine and a bunch of "just waters" between seventeen of us.
And Brad and I ate lunch there the day Clementine was born.
About 30 minutes after the doctor instructed me to only have a light lunch since I'd be going into labour shortly.
Advice I didn't heed exactly - resulting in an ugly scene with me tossing up a cheeseburger into a bed pan a few hours later.

On this visit, Clem drank from a straw for the first time.
She loved it so much she drank half the glass of water in one gulp. She was exhausted and red faced after the whole ordeal.

Isn't she yummy?

Last night I went over to Josie's for a play date.
John is away and I figure this is probably the last time we'll get to spend some quality time without a baby around.
Naturally, I brought a craft.
I generally don't like to put unflattering pictures of myself on the internet, but it's all I've got. Sadly.


Now you know what I look like when I'm not working.
And now, so do I.
Eesh.

We made Butterfly Art.

I hadn't made one yet and thought I probably should if I'm going to play teacher at the workshop.
I took a slightly different approach and cut up a book instead of a magazine.
I made them fly off the frame as well.
You know. To be different.
We sold out of spots for our May 19th Workshop and have decided we will add a course on the previous Monday May 17th if we get enough interest.

So far we have four people on a waiting list, so do let me know if you'd like to come that night instead.

That's all for now.
Busy day in the shop with last minute Mother's Day shoppers.

Have a great Mother's day.
xo Em



3 comments:

  1. ohhhhh, these are so cute. You're on some sort of serious roll girl. I LOVE the butterfly art. And yes, Clementine is yummy! Steph just left with Nate and Jenna. I have a brand new appreciation for moms who have children who can walk and talk back. Or, aren't baking quietly inside your belly. Gawd. I feel like I could sleep for years. Happy Mother's Day Em. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet pic of Clementine with her straw. :)

    Loving the butterfly prototype you did, and I'm very excited to come to the workshop on the 19th (provided I'm not in labour).

    And I'm also very excited for the Handmade Harvest Craft Show! I can't wait! I will have to start saving money for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Save your pennies.
    You know what would make a GREAT blog post? If you had your baby HERE! Think about it.
    Could be great publicity for you :)

    ReplyDelete