Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Progress Report: Day Two

The big job at hand yesterday was to make 20 cabinets  look like one big hutch, so the tasks were a little more labour intensive and a little less "let's let the pregnant girl handle this one".
I arrived at the store at 8am, where my amazingly talented (and generous and patient and wonderful) friend Tim had already convened with Donna (designer) and her husband Jack, and quickly put my head down to knock out the last of the cabinets so the boys could start working their magic. 

It was a crazy long day. 

8am to 9:30pm (though I left at 9) and, again, we got a lot accomplished.
Moved the cash area into place, finished mounting the cabinets, put up bead board wall paper, painted the window sills, and my darling hubby who came straight to the store after work, put together and installed the two chandeliers for the windows.
Apparently by the time I get into the shop this morning, these will have a countertop and sides courtesy of Tim's tireless efforts.
Needless to say I got a great sleep last night, but I woke up in the first stages of a cold (Fight! Fight! Fight!) and I still haven't painted those dang curtains.
Today Colleen (possibly along with her sister) and Sadie are in to work with me and Donna.
Four days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment