Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Progress Report: Day Three

Yep. Definitely wasn't feeling in tip top shape when I got to the shop yesterday morning.
This cold has me by the horns. Probably more so than normal because it's annoyed about being ignored by it's host body.
I woke up at about 7am and decided to finally start painting a polka dot curtain. 
It looks cute. From a distance anyway.
I decided to use a martini glass dipped in acrylic paint to form the circles, and all was going well until Bernice (one of our two cats) decided she wanted to chill with her mom on the dining room table. And until I decided I wanted to fast forward through both curtains and attempted to drag the first panel through the house only to have it fold over itself and smear and smudge and make me wish I could jump into a time machine and go back in time 5 minutes.
So I only have one curtain started:
And I still need to fill in the outlined dots.
I arrived at the shop yesterday at 9:30 (later than usual because I had a much needed Chiropractic appointment) and, sure enough, Tim was there finishing up the cabinet. 
It looks so fabulous. The pictures really don't do it justice.
He came back at the end of the day to stain it. 
At which time I promptly left figuring this unborn baby has probably had enough toxins for one day.
Poor little thing.
Today we're hoping to get ALL the painting finished and start firing out the Christmas merchandise. The chandelier over the cash should be hung by the electrician by the time I get in this morning, and I'm hoping for a really productive day.
Here we go! Day Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment