Sunday, November 9, 2008

Progress Report: Day One

2:22pm on Sunday and we've almost finished everything on our list for today.
We got a great head start last night.
With the help of Sadie, Brad, Dad and Christina, we packed almost everything up, (which is totally incredible considering I had envisioned gingerly sliding everything to the centre of the store, painting, and sliding it back), covered the windows and patched all the nail holes.

We were back this morning to start painting the ceiling and the walls and even mounted one of the shelving units.
Brad hates painting and he's done almost all of it.
I love Brad, don't you?
Apparently Christina is enjoying herself. This isn't supposed to be fun Christina.

Sadie and I painted the paper for the windows on Friday and they look super cute. Very suspenseful!
We even cut out a little hole for people to sneak a peek, and put a mirror behind it. 
And boy do we think we're hilarious.
Still on the list to do tonight:
Paint polka dots on the curtains, buy trim and baseboard, assemble the IKEA shelves and maybe chill for a minute or two on the couch.
Until tomorrow!
Em

2 comments:

  1. Yay Em! I feel like I'm missing out on the fun, can't wait to get in there on tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God Girl any time I get my butt out of the house and away from my 'wonderful' children is a good time! For the record i had a GREAT time and can't wait to get back in there tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete