Monday, November 17, 2008

Party party party!

After a few days of much needed rest, I'm back at the store and feeling my chipper self again.
Probably mostly because I was finally able to pay some bills today, and I learned from Donna that we actually came in UNDER budget for the reno. I certainly didn't anticipate that!

Friday night was beyond my wildest expectations!
At 5:45pm we started peeling the paper off the windows...
...and the shoppers quickly followed.

We literally did 3 weeks of business in 4 hours, making the entire week well worth the effort. 
And, bonus!, It was fun fun fun!
Colleen sewed up the cutest little stockings which we stuffed with candy canes wrapped in discounts between 10 and 30% that customers could pick from once they got to the cash.
And the wait for the cash was OUT THE DOOR!
I stepped outside to snap a few pics through the windows.
I served warm rum and cider, which helped make the line up more bearable, and my rep for all my gourmet food products brought tons of delicious samples.
Christmas music piped through the store and it was soooo cozy.
It just feels right in here now.
I'm so happy with the reno, and I'm so grateful to all my wonderful friends and employees (all of whom definitely fall under the "friend" category now) who helped me get through this week.
I have put a call in to Santa for all of you.
I mean, we all know Sadie's on the NICE list, but just in case the rest of you needed a little help.
Hugs and reindeer kisses,
Em



1 comment:

  1. Em the reno looks AWESOME (not surprising!) - I can't wait to visit soon! AND, those are the exact sock monkey pictures I saw in NYC & texted you about!!! Weird! And I loved loved loved your voicemail today - see you this weekend!
    xox

    ReplyDelete