Thursday, April 8, 2010

Best Workshop Ever

Best workshop ever.

We had way too many people here (17 people the first night, 18 the second), but it turned out to be a lot of fun regardless of all the accidental butt bumping and swinging elbows going on.
It was a pretty mixed bag of wackos which always makes for a good time. (Carolee - I'm looking at you girlfriend.)

I know you've seen pictures of our workshops in previous posts, but at Tuesday's class we had the luxury of having Shawn (of Mother's Day Mugshot fame) here to take some pro shots, so I thought I'd give you a real insiders peek at how these things go down here at Blackbird.

First, Colleen and I get to be bossy and you get to listen.
This is my favourite part.

Actually I think a lot of these women were critiquing my outfit or thinking about how I must not have brushed my hair that day because I did have to repeat myself on a few points.
Maybe they were thinking about how cute my skirt is.

Then you get to dig through all of the goodies Colleen and I have collected and find the inspiration to get started.


Maybe have a glass of wine...
Take painstaking measures to get things just right...


See that the person beside you is doing something cooler than you are and steal their idea...


And, finally, admire your creations!


(Ok, so there was a half hour or so where we waited for things to dry, but who wants to see a picture of that? I'd rather watch paint dry...err...you know what I mean.)



Did these turn out great or what?!

We've ordered loads more supplies so that we can offer this class again as well as put together some DIY kits for people who want to go it alone and crank these out for gifts.

Colleen (aka the smart one) even dreamt up a make work project for the keeners who finished with time to spare.
Boxes!
Look at the ones Meredith made for her kiddies.
She's such a one upper that girl.
Thanks to everyone who came out so enthusiastically to support me and Col and my little shop that could.
Next week is Embroidery Hoop Art (see a few posts back for details) and tomorrow is our BIRTHDAY SALE!
It's been a fun filled week, but I just might be glad when it's over.
We'll see.

Until next time.
Em

3 comments:

  1. so that's what Colleen looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you guys are running a super fun business - you must be having the time of your life, your smile shows it! I must make my way up to your shop one day!! It's my summer mission :)

    ReplyDelete