Saturday, April 10, 2010

People. They're the worst.

I've been talking to more and more people about my blog and I have to admit, I do edit myself on this thing.

I get a lot of (ahem) "material" here at the store that I don't always share because I'm afraid of the repercussions should customers ever read about themselves on here.
And then I think to myself "Oh get over it Emily. Only cool people read your blog."
Also, I'm sure many of you would love me to regale some of my more trying moments...so I'll give you a taste of what it can really be like here at Blackbird.

First of all, is it a full moon or something?
Because let me tell you. The crazies are out in droves today.
They're trying to ruin my Saturday, but I assure you, they will NOT win.

I had a customer in the store a moment ago who was on a mission to insult me.
And she was totally oblivious to her rudeness which kind of just makes it worse.
She saw a poster advertising our workshops and said "Oh is crafting coming back? What a riot".
What is that supposed to mean? Has she been under a rock for the last decade?

I proceeded to talk to her about the success of the workshops and asked if she'd like to be on our mailing list so she could keep up with the going on here in Almonte.
Her reply?
"Oh no no no. I don't want your emails. Been there done that." (Been where? Done what?)
Mine?
"You're going to have to leave now."

Okay. So that's not true. I entertained her for a minute longer.
She asked another question about whether or not one of my outdoor wreaths would withstand the outdoors and I explained that as outdoor wreaths they should and she told me she doesn't have a porch...and then I just stopped caring and walked over to my computer to write all about it.

As I was writing I had another customer ask me if I could smell the urine scent coming from the drawer of one of my antique pieces she was considering buying.
Most people think the store smells "just lovely", and to me the piece smells like a pine tree, but the woman obviously knows her urine.
Who am I to correct her?
I just work here.

Anyway.
They're both gone now so things are looking up.

Yesterday's party was a huge success by the way.
I'll write about it when I get the pictures loaded.
Em

4 comments:

  1. ha ha. seriously? crap day, I'm sure things are looking brighter tonight.

    ps. sorry for peeing in that drawer.

    Col

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I think my ex's girlfriend was just there!!!!
    when I left him she would tell people that "crafts" were for old people!!! What a cow.... so I am sure that must have been her!!!
    As for the other lady, you should have said to her about the urine smell, "that depends", he he, of course, she might not have got the joke (Depends underwear)
    Don't take it to heart, must make them feel better to be rude!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you sure have patience! I can't believe some of the things people will actually say out loud. They must have issues... jealously perhaps? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course only cool people read your blog!
    Maybe you need a wee corner that sells common sense or manners and point them in that direction ;)

    ReplyDelete