Saturday, November 14, 2009

Calm after the Storm

Finally!
A new shot of the storefront courtesy of the wonderful Shawn DeSalvo.
Shawn and his gorgeous wife Marta brought along some friends and a camera to last night's shindig and, moments ago, Shawn emailed me a link to some great pictures he took of the action at our Open House.
Thank goodness he did too, because I didn't take any!
I know. Not like me.

As I eluded to last night before bed, this year was our very best Open House yet.
We had steady customers, lots of minglers and plenty of Christmas cheer.
I'm always amazed at the generosity of my customers, friends and Mill Street neighbours.

Don St. John (of Don's Meat Market up the street) came by just after 6pm with a platter of cheeses, meats and olives for me to share with my customers and staff.
So unexpected and so much appreciated.
I would bet dollars to sausage links that Don doesn't read my blog, so I'll be sending him a proper "thank you", but I thought I might send him some virtual props as well.
If you like meat, and you like nice guys, go to Don's.
He's right beside the Beer Store in Almonte.
Perfectly located if you ask me.

Another customer brought me a flower. A red gerber daisy with gold twigs and red baubles tied to the stem.
She works at The Blossom Shop in Carleton Place and though we've only met a few times in the store, she's one of the more thoughtful people I've met.
Who gives flowers to strangers?
So nice.
I'm going to have to pay that one forward this week.

There's lots of tidying up to do in here today, so I better get to it.
But first, let me leave you with a few pictures from last night.
Thanks again Shawn.



Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment