Thursday, June 2, 2011

Survival

Survive we did.
Daddy even came home earlier than expected and I high tailed it to work for a little me time.
And then I completely took advantage of him being home.
Like maybe a little too much actually.

Brad got home around 1pm on Tuesday.
I went to work at 2pm, came home for a hot second, and then headed to Mahogany for a massage.
Wednesday night I went out for dinner with Cynthia (of Appleton Gift and Basket fame) to strategize what the heck we're going to do about the awful awful terrible sales we've been experiencing here on Mill Street.
and Thursday I went to see Bridesmaids with three of my besties who totally would have been my bridesmaids if I had any (other than my lovely sisters).

Oh my god that movie is funny.
I'm almost embarrassed by how much I liked it because it was so disgusting in parts.
I won't tell you about it, I'll let you see it for yourself.

Moving on.

Remember way back when when I told you I was dieting?
If you're interested in an update, I'm down 17lbs since mid February.
I feel a million times better about myself than I did, but every day is still a struggle. I have about 15 more to go.
Kicking things up a notch by going starting Boot Camp, so hopefully that will help me along.

On a totally different topic, I've been thinking a lot about how many kids Brad and I are destined to have.
I've always thought three. Probably because I'm from three.
But now that life is getting back to a "new" normal for everyone, I'm kind of happy to be on this end of the baby making.
Two seems manageable.
One each.
It means we don't need a bigger house, or car, and I have this terrible pattern of complicating my life just when it starts to get easy.
It's one of my very few character flaws.

We may have to wait a few more years to decide on this matter.

Babies have been hard on our relationship in the past.
Brad and I are doing remarkably well this time. Mostly thanks to Griffin being such a great baby, but I know we're both making a big effort to be kind to each other.
I don't know when the switch happened.
We certainly haven't been doing so well the entire 4 months we've had Griffin, but this last month has been really nice.
We've almost entirely cut out the under-our-breath grumblings about the others shortfalls and I feel like we haven't been keeping score the way we have in the past.

Oh there will be more trying times in the Brad and Emily saga, this I know, but for now things are okay. Half way decent even.
And I'll leave it at that before I jinx it.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment