Monday, May 23, 2011

Sleep Deprived

Alriiiiiiight.
That's enough.

Aren't long weekends for sleeping in?
Maybe drinking one too many glasses of sangria? On a dock? Or at least a deck?
I have been up every day this weekend at some god awful hour before 6am.
One day, Clem sleeps in while Griffy wakes, the next day is the exact opposite.
Daddy needs to come home now.

Scratch that.
Daddy needs to come home yesterday.

We had supper at mom and dad's last night (again) and mom made a comment to my aunt Carolyn about how Brad is such a wonderful dad (and he is) and that he watches the kids all day every Saturday.
Oh wow. What a hero.
All day Saturday is actually only 10-5 if we're keeping score.
And really. We're part of a new generation who are equal parts parents.
I truly feel that we share the responsibility 60/40. And that's only because daddy doesn't have breasts.

I'm not going to be apologetic about how much I rely on my husband to raise these kids. I think that's fair!

I'm the one went through 3 months of nausea and another 6 months of irreparable damage to my body (not to mention psyche) and then surgery...and then the trauma of learning to nurse all over again...all followed by another year of having to tailor my fashion choices around having to slip a nip 6 or more times a day.
The least he can do is let me sleep in an hour longer than the rest of these early risers and cover me while I work ONE full day a week.
And like it.

Where did little Miss Good Mood go you're wondering.
I'm just tired.
And a tad grumpy.

Brad comes home tomorrow.
He'd do well to bring flowers.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment