Friday, June 3, 2011

Bicycle Month

June is Bicycle Month here in Almonte.
You can check out this link to know what that means exactly.
To me it means the beginning of a season of festivals and, hopefully, a season of tourists tourists tourists.

I bought Brad a new bike for his birthday in April and as we were about to add his old, beyond repair bike to the pile of stuff to take along on our annual dump trip, I had a vision for my Bicycle Month shop window display.


Got to love repurposing old junk.
Also, spray painting.
So quick, so satisfying. So impossible to do perfectly on a round, double sided object.
Thankfully, perfection wasn't the goal.
And you can hardly see the bits of fresh cut grass imbedded in the paint.

AND, since now I am the proud owner of my very own 1.25" button maker, I was able to make buttons to match!
How cute are these?
For sale all month in the shop...of course.


Watch for my Button of the Month Club. Coming soon!!
Happy Bicycle Month!

Emily

3 comments:

  1. love these buttons Emily...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the shop window, and the buttons are pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the buttons. great ideas as usual.

    ReplyDelete