Saturday, March 19, 2011

Just EAT it

Wednesday night we had our "Cougar Town" decor inspired workshop.


I've always coveted the letters E A T on Courtney Cox's character's kitchen wall, and after seeing the gorgeous fabric on "Dutch Girl" Jody's website, Col and I thought we'd take a stab at making them ourselves.

On a side note, if you have a sewing project in mind, you really have to check out Dutch Girl Textiles.

Jody has a collection of some really interesting and beautiful fabrics, at really decent (Canadian!) prices to boot.
I haven't been able to find many of her fabrics in shops so it's huge to be able to get them so close to home.
She's also really good at holding babies and making them fall asleep so they don't ruin workshops.
Which is an asset.


But back to the workshop.
With 12.5 workshoppers (see obligatory pregnant girl below) we kind of crammed 'em in like sardines to this one.
It was cozy.
Yeah...that's it.
Cozy.
Thankfully everyone was very easy going and willing to share.


And the end results were pretty stinking adorable.

I even made a set for my house:

Pink's not usually my bag in the kitchen, but this selection of fabric was too pretty to pass up.
A nice little touch of floral for spring too.

Now that we've figured out how to build these letters, I can see myself making them for gifts.
And damned if I'm ever going to pay to spell out "Clementine".
Now I can make the letters myself and save a bundle.
Or at least the "C".
After that workshop I figure it's about 45 mins to an hour of labour per letter.

Fortunately after long evenings at workshops I have this to come home to.
My little RMT in training...

And a smiling boy.
He smiled for the first time this weekend.
Boy was I wrong in thinking he couldn't get any cuter.
Poor little sucker wrapped in his girly blanket.
Waste not want not.
Am I right? Or am I right?

Em

3 comments:

  1. Hey Em!
    It's Emily here, remember me? I abandoned you for Toronto?
    I've been creeping your blog as usual and just wanted to say Griffy is adorable! And Clemmie is so cute and hilarious as ever.
    I hope all is going well, and I'm glad to see that you've been able to start up your workshops again.
    I'm home at the end of April so hopefully I'll see you (and baby!!) at some point this summer :)
    - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily who?
    I'm still reeling from the abandonment. I tend to block out the bad and leave only the good :)
    Luckily your sister is fitting in nicely around here.

    Hope you're still enjoying school and loving life in TO.
    If I could trade places with you somedays I would!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me HOWL.
    I love the fabric letters! I have vintage metal ones in my dining area & had totally ripped that off Cougar Town too!!! LOL
    The pics of the kids are hilarious & adorable - love. Thanks for sharing!!! xo

    ReplyDelete