Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Girl's Room

Oh hi again.
What a difference a week can make.
I'm in the shop today (a Thursday!!) and, though all I pretty much manage to do is catch up stuff while I'm at work these days, it's got to be done and it makes me feel good to do it.
Leslie, in her infinite search for adventure I can only imagine, has offered to take both kids for 2 hours on the days she's at our house with Clemmie.

So Griffin and I have been getting out of their way in the mornings to run errands, etc and then heading back around 2:30 so I can drop him off with them and go in to the shop.
Tuesday and Thursday.
3 to 5.
It's not much, but it's routine, and babies aren't the only ones who need a little routine you know.
Poor Leslie might not like this arrangement forever so I'll have to be sure to check in with her often about how she's fairing.
She puts on a brave face that Leslie.

Now that I type her name, I don't know if I've ever really talked about her on here.
She's our angel-on-earth, gift-from-God, couldn't-live-without-her caregiver who has been coming to our house 2.5 days a week since Clementine was one.
She bakes, she cleans, she makes us supper, she loves our kids, she gives great advice, she makes my friends jealous that they can't have her, she rocks the casbah...you get the picture.

So that's Leslie.
The woman who allows me to live my life at least to a fraction of what it used to be.
And that's something.
Tuesday when I got home she had a can of paint in the bathroom so she could "touch up" some spots on the wall that were bugging her.
The craziest part about that sentence is that SHE painted the bathroom in the first place.
You know, on a whim.
Because she knew it was something I wanted to do, and she wanted to help me out.

And now you're jealous too.
I love it.

But this isn't about Leslie. It's about me having some time to write.
I finally took some pictures of Clemmie's new room!
Now that I've got this adorable crib (courtesy of the fellow freelancer Jen Hughes btw) all outfitted with matching fabrics and custom bed skirt etc etc, she's probably ready for a big girl bed, but she's just going to have to suffer through for a few more months of getting her legs stuck in the rungs.
For "finished project"'s sake if nothing else.

Insert drumroll (please):
Our reading chair, crochet blanket courtesy of Jean Newton (Lisa's mom), photo of Clem when she was 5 months courtesy of Robin Andrew - Unposed
My unmade bed in the background...oops. And here you thought I was perfect.

The dresser I painted before she was born

Anthropologie drawer pulls

My most amazing vintage chandelier find from Vintage Wear/Ware right here on Mill Street!

The quilt mom sewed for me with all the gorgeous Etsy fabrics I bought.

AND matching baby doll blanket for the bed my uncle Steve and aunt Jude made me when I was a kid.

Leslie gave Clemmie the tin "Three Wishes" sign above her door.
It belonged to her daughter when she was a girl (or a kid I mean...she's still a girl as far as I know) and I joke that of the 3 wishes, Brad and I each get one and it's always "we wish you'd go to sleep" so that trumps whatever piddley one wish she has left.
I don't think she gets the joke though.
She's only 2.

So there it is.
The girl's room.
And, as promised a long time ago, here's a picture of the FABU custom bedding I had made by Etsy seller Heidi Rose.


Not great shots, but his room is still a bit of a mess.
See you soon!
Em

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous girls room! sooo cute...love that chandelier (I am in the process of redecorating my daughters room too - what an inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, you did a FANTASTIC job as usual. You are superwoman in my eyes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ever happened to that vintage shop? Is it still open somewhere?? Love the chandelier, and also love the floral knobs with the little leaves on the closet doors. Great room!

    Jen Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vintage shop is still here, just moved down the street.
    That chandelier is the best find ever!!
    50 bones plus a little rewiring...and worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete