Friday, October 1, 2010

Chipper Skipper

I'm feeling pretty chipper today.
Like so much so that I'm probably just a tad annoying to be around.
Luckily (well unluckily considering I'm trying to make a living over here) there IS no one around. And I'm hammering away at a bunch of freelance stuff that's been piling up this week.

It'll likely be short lived.
These moods of mine usually are, but for the time being, let's read about it shall we?

First of all, workshops make me happy.
On Wednesday night Colleen and I taught a wire wrapping class where we made nest pendants and rings.
It was a barrel of laughs.

I actually didn't do too much if I'm being honest.
Colleen ran the whole show and I gabbed it up with the ladies (I wonder if she had the same fun I did...hmm...I don't think I'll ask).
Look at them giggling over there.
That's not staged you know. They're really having fun.
Have you come to one of our workshops yet? You should. But first, you'll have to join my mailing list.
Our next one will be Tuesday October 12th.
We're making Halloween wreaths with black feathers and eye balls. They're pretty fantastic.

Just LOOK at the gorgeous stuff these girls made!
Secondly, family.
Brad, Clemmie and I spent last weekend in Kitchener visiting my sister Meghan, her hubster Jeff and my nephew Cohen for his first birthday.
Clem loves spending time with her cousin.
Especially when there are cupcakes and a bouncy castle involved.

She must have licked that thing for 45 minutes.
She likes to savour things this kid.
She'll probably be one of those kids who still has a few pieces of Halloween candy in her closet at Easter.

She's brilliant my child. You realize that.
One and a half and already she's reading at a 2 year old level. Maybe 3.
I had to take her to the doctor this week because I was afraid she might have croup and while the Dr. was listening to her chest she said to her "if you can say stethoscope I'll give it to you".
My girl just looked at her and said, clear as a bell, "Stethoscope". (We'll just take that thank you very much!)

Touche to you Doctor! I said Touche!

While we were in Kitchener we were able to sneak off to Toronto on the Saturday night to visit with old friends and celebrate sweet Melissa's 30th birthday.
We had so much fun.
Despite being pregnant, I even stayed up past my bedtime and didn't hit the hay until about 4:30am.
I won't be doing that again any time soon, but it was worth it for that night.
We went to a Chinese restaurant on Spadina at about 3am and ordered enough food to sink a ship.
I will never be thin, pregnant or not, with all the good times to be had. And eaten.

Here's a fun little fact for you.
Did you know that if you ask for "cold tea" after hours at a Chinese restaurant they bring you beer in a tea pot?

I think that might have blown a little piece of Brad's mind.
They don't even put it on the bill because it's illegal to serve at that time of night. You just pay what you think it's worth. Which, when you're already intoxicated, can be a lot I imagine.
A good time was had by all, and I'm happy to say we've all recovered from a looooong weekend.

Thirdly, blogs.
My friend Jen writes for a website called Sweet Spot.
Yesterday was her birthday and I particularly enjoyed her Birthday Fantasy post.
Again with The Girl with the Most Cake. Can't get enough of her!
Shout out to Jen! Happy birthday. Hope all four of your boys treated you like the queen you are!

That's it for today folks.
I'll be writing again tomorrow because I have to tell you about the Clothing and Accessories Event I'm hosting in my dad's new gallery space next week.

Thought this might be enough blog post excitement for one day...

Em

1 comment:

  1. Holla! Thanks for the shout-out!

    The cake was the only part of my fantasy that came true. :) I did get flowers though, and that's always nice.

    ReplyDelete