Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pop Up Shop

So I'm really taking a bit of a risk here, but last time I was at the gift show, I had an idea.
What if I started selling clothes?

Not all the time. Just sometimes.
Like Spring (beginning of the warm season) and Fall (beginning of the cool).

I have this concept for what I'm calling (until I can think of something better) "Pop Up Shops".
I could hunt all year for great clothing and accessories and then rent an empty store front here in Almonte and sell it all over a two week period.
Maybe a month. But I want to have that sense of urgency so things move quickly. I would price things to move, make some quick coin and create a little buzz.
It's all about the buzz.

Whatever doesn't sell I could put in Blackbird, or online, or...gosh. I'll think of something.
It'll all sell.
Let's just assume.
Power of positive thinking and all that.

I saw so many great things when I was shopping for the store back in August and, honestly, I'm sick of having to be so darned sensible and resisting things I KNOW you would love.

So I'm having a party.
It's a little test market project for this idea and if it flies, maybe you'll be seeing me actually do it at some point next year when the dust (read: baby powder) settles.
I might have a kid strapped to my back, but that's not really the kind of thing to stop me.

For one night only - Thursday October 7th from 6pm to 10pm in my dad's new gallery space at 14 Mill Street - we'll have near wholesale pricing on everything from handbags and clutches to jewelry, cardigans and even fall coats, free mini manicures courtesy of Carmelized (come with polish free nails if you'd like to partake), chocolate fountain goodness compliments of Appleton Gift and Basket, cocktails and great music.

Come, bring a friend, and treat yourself to some good, old fashioned FASHION fun.
Hope to see you there!

I wouldn't miss it if I were you.

Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment