Saturday, October 16, 2010

Post mortem...partum...whatever.

Soooo?
How'd it go?!

You know. The party!
Was it a success? Was it a flop?
Are you crying over piles of funky jackets and cardigans and handbags?
Is that why you haven't blogged in foreeeever?

Quite the opposite my friends.
Quite.
The.
Opposite.

(Do I do that extra periods for emphasis thing too often or what?)

Blackbird's first annual Clothing and Accessories Event was a HUGE success.
Honestly. Everything sold.
Every clutch, every cardigan, every coat, every scarf, every purse (except for one. I won't buy yellow again until summer that's for sure), everything.

I did have some jewelry pieces left and a few hats but, honestly, I was kind of thankful because the shop was empty.
We opened the doors at about ten to 6pm and by 7:30 the place was looking seriously picked over.
Vultures!





Needless to say I will definitely be doing this again.
On a bigger scale over a longer period of time.
It almost got dangerous in there as far as building capacity goes.
Not to mention the lethal combination of deal crazed women, free cocktails and open flames from the tea lights at the complimentary nail bar.
As always, watch the horizon for what's going to "pop up" next.

Back to business though. Seriously.
The Handmade Harvest Craft Show is less than a month away and it's a wonder my business isn't going down the tube with all the extracurriculars on my plate.
Everything's coming together just fine.
It's just a ton of work.
Most of which we can't even tackle until the night before the show.

You know we'll pull it off.
At least making this event a success isn't something that's resting solely on my shoulders.
Colleen and I just have really high standards for ourselves.
First impressions are important if we're going to move forward with a Spring Show. Go big or go home. All that.

Also, we're still pumping out workshops and being moms.
Sometimes in that order.
(Who are these women who can get buy without a husband at home to keep things together? Do they have to wear super hero garb or is it capes optional?)

This week we made Halloween Wreaths.
The pictures don't do these feathery masterpieces justice...but Lia seems to like hers.


I did actually manage to make time for family stuff in the midst of the madness.

Brad and I, and my parents took Clemmie to the pumpkin patch for some good old fashioned fall time fun.
She especially loved the animals.

We picked out three pumpkins and a baby gourd (mom, dad, Clem & baby Gord) and promptly took them home to wreck them with a hot mess of glitter.
They didn't turn out to be quite as glamourous as I produced in my pre-helper days, but we had fun doing it.

And I wasn't too disappointed when the glitter washed off in the rain the next day.
I'll redo them when she's sleeping and let her think they dried that way.

Or I'll tell her Sophia did it.
She could never be mad at Sophia...

Until next time.
Em

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy it was all a success!
    And Clemmie is getting so big... I can't wait to see her (and you!) in a few weeks!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clem's hair is so long now Em! Hope everyone is doing well, glad the big sale went well :)

    ReplyDelete