Monday, September 20, 2010

Contest Announcement!

I haven't blogged about it too much of late, but Handmade Harvest (our first ever Holiday Craft Show) is fast approaching.
Colleen, I, and our ever helpful jury have made all of our vendor selections, and we're getting pretty revved up about the show.
For a sneak peak at some of our participating crafters, visit www.handmadeharvest.com and check out the Participating Crafters section.

So that part is taken care of.
We've got some amazing talent lined up, and we owe it to them to promote the poop out of the show and bring on the shoppers.
We'll have a full page in October's Humm and have been handing out postcards left and right in the shop. We'll have a few articles written about the event in other publications as well but, if there's anything I've learned in my going-on-four-years as a business owner, the best advertising is word of mouth.

And so it came to me.
A contest.

Help us promote Handmade Harvest and you could win one of THREE $50 Blackbird gift cards.
All you have to do is...well...something!
Talk!
I know you're good at it.

If you think Handmade Harvest is a worthwhile event (I'll tell you right now that it is), something you'd like to support, maybe even see happen again sometime, then you're the perfect candidate for this contest.

Some suggestions...
  • "Like" us on Facebook here
  • Write about the show on your blog
  • Add our button to your website (you can find it on the top right of this page)
  • Put up one of our posters in your office or neighbourhood (next time you're in the shop, pick one up!)
  • Tell your buddy at the newspaper they should write a story about us
  • Tell a friend to come to Almonte for the show November 6th
  • Send out a mass email
  • Tattoo our logo on your forehead
  • Whatever!
Just let us know what you've done to spread the good (crafty) word by sending an email to hello@handmadeharvest.com or commenting on this blog post and we'll put your name into a draw to be held at the show November 6th.

Enter as many times as you'd like.
There's no limit to the number of times your name could go in the hat.

Thanks for your help!
xo Emily & Colleen

10 comments:

  1. Hey, does that mean I'm already entered into the draw? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! You inspired the idea in fact!
    You're in there a few times.
    One for the blog entry, one for "liking" us on FB, one for commenting on the blog link...maybe more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have liked the page on face book, sent out invites to my friends to join the page, made a shout out on my status and changed my profile pic. four entries????!!! Yeah! gift card here I come. haha
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you :-) And I added the button and a link to the sidebar on my blog.

    I'll be getting the tattoo after work ;-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy B (amykicksbutt@hotmail.com)September 24, 2010 at 9:47 PM

    I liked you on facebook ANd I created an event to get my friends to come to the show! I can't wait! Does this count :)??

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I "liked" you on Facebook, and put a note and the link as my status, and emailed a bunch of girls to join me on November 6th (although it's over a month away, I'll have to remind them all again....)

    Looking forward to it! (Wanted to be in it, but was too lazy/shy to submit my stuff...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're all amazing. Thank you!! JENNY! You apply for the Spring show damn it. Don't be a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ..."liked" the page on facebook, posting a status update on my jewelry facebook page and will hand out cards for the event to all my fitness classes in the month to come (that is: roughly 10-15people per class at 4 classes and 15 personal training clients - I hope they all show up :o)
    not to forget bugging all my co-workers like crazy :o)

    very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Posted your lovely button on my Facebook page, and will be herding scores of craft- and Christmas gift-hungry public servants out Almonte way on Nov 6! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete