Friday, June 25, 2010

I Can Relate

Not much time to blog this week!
I'm furiously trying to finish up some logo options for a new client (yipee!) and sewing the poop out of a baby quilt that I'm making for my friend Kim who had her baby early!
Damn her for not having to go into 40+ week territory, and damn her for making me look bad by being a Jenny-Come-Lately with her gift.
Also, congratulation to her and Peter. And Rory!!
Can't wait to meet him.

Thought I'd share an email I received from my friend Ryan this morning that made me giggle.
It was posted on a blog called Suburban Snapshots and was entitled "Why Having a Toddler is like Being at a Frat Party".
I hadn't thought of it that way before, but as far as metaphors go it works.

Happy reading.
Em

Why Having a Toddler is like Being at a Frat Party
- taken from Suburban Snapshots

10. There are half-full, brightly-colored plastic cups on the floor in every room. Three are in the bathtub.

9. There's always that one girl, bawling her eyes out in a corner.

8. It's best not to assume that the person closest to you has any control over their digestive function.

7. You sneak off to the bathroom knowing that as soon as you sit down, someone's going to start banging on the door.

6. Probably 80% of the stains on the furniture contain DNA.

5. You've got someone in your face at 3 a.m. looking for a drink.

4. There's definitely going to be a fight.


3. You're not sure whether anything you're doing is right, you just hope it won't get you arrested.

2. There are crumpled-up underpants
everywhere.

1. You wake up wondering exactly how and when the person in bed with you got there.



No comments:

Post a Comment