Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

There is just something so exciting about a new year don't you think?
It's not even about the whole resolution thing.
I'm not the kind of girl who needs to wait for January to get started on something, but I really dig the idea of a clean slate.
A fresh start.
I'm over the idea of going cold turkey on my nail biting habit, or trying to lose another 10 pounds, or even being nicer (sorry Brad). And I'm certainly not going to drink less wine this year.
That would be a mistake.
I'm quite pleased with the direction my life has been taking this year, and I don't think I'll mess with it thanks.

If I'm going to resolve to do anything, it's not going to be something that requires less.
It may take a little more organization when it comes to time management, but 2010 is going to be all about more. More more more.

If there's one thing I know it's that almost anything is possible if you got enough enthusiasm for it. That is the ingredient folks. Enthusiasm. Don't leave home without it.

Also, I'm going to try living by the tried and true cliche that "life is too short".
Of course I've heard that saying a million times, but it was said again to me the other day by a friend who is going through something terrible right now, and I guess it made me actually think about it.
How true!
I'm not going to take it to a level of intensity that would make me hard to live with or anything - life will never be too short to put on a clean pair of underwear for instance - but I think there's some good to the idea.
For instance, I was reading a book last week that I was struggling to enjoy and I thought to myself, "Hey. Life is too short to read this book".
2009 Emily would have laboured through and finished it.
No more! I put it back on the shelf and picked up a new one. Which I am loving by the way.
See? Already my new creedo is paying off.

Another thing I'm doing in 2010 is putting myself on the payroll.
I'm going to pay myself exactly half of what I pay my staff. I'm worth at least that I think.

Back in the shop today (Saturday) and getting the year in gear.
I hope you all had a really wonderful New Year's Eve and that you've started the year off on the right foot.
See you soon.
Em


No comments:

Post a Comment