Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Serendipity

I'm back from my dark place.
I knew it was official when something serendipitous happened just now.
I had to write about it.

First things first, there is nothing worse than a return on a slow afternoon in January.

I grinned through the transaction, and it really was okay. We don't have a no returns policy and I remembered the woman from before Christmas and knew there was a possibility that the item wouldn't work in her home.

And THEN like an angel from heaven, a woman came up to the cash not a minute later to buy the exact same thing!

That's right. Tickle me sideways and call me Steven.
Even Steven that is.
Love that.

If you've been to my shop you know the unlikelihood of something like this happening.
This place is packed with (cute) merchandise. And I rarely have more than 1 or 2 of the same item at any given time.

Also, it's January. So the odds of having more than one customer aren't exactly stacked in my favour.
Anyway.
I'm taking it as a sign to keep on keeping on.
Maybe if I hadn't returned the original hook the other woman wouldn't have bought one. Or maybe she would have overheard an unsavoury conversation regarding a bad return policy that would have made her turn on her heels and head for the door.

I know you don't do things for people in the hopes that you'll get something in return.
But it sure is nice when you do.
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment