Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Crafting

With the whirlwind season we're having at the shop this year, I kept the Christmas crafting to a minimum.

*Spoiler Alert!*

For each of my girlfriends I made little stacks of linen sachets filled with lavender and rice, and stamped them with perhaps the best purchase I ever made as far as craft supplies go.
That little gadget in the bottom right is a stamp that lets me spell out anything I like.
I think I got it at Michaels. I can't be sure about that, but I can be sure that you probably need one.

I even stamped the girls' names on the tags.
I've got etsy on the brain again and I think I may make some of these for my shop.

My sister Meghan is the only family member who got something handmade this year. An advent calendar like the one my mom made for us growing up.
As usual I had lots of help from Bernice.

Here's mom's advent calendar:

And here's mine.
It's missing the animals and little girl and boy at the bottom, but I ran out of felt.
It happens.
I bejeweled some pieces to make up for it.
I really should plan ahead a bit more, but give me a break.
I don't care if Clemmie is almost 11 months old. She's still technically a baby.

Brad and I hosted 13 people for Christmas Eve dinner here.
It was our first big family affair in the house and though at 3pm on the 24th (when I was still in the shop helping save the butts of more than a handful of VERY last minute shoppers) I thought about the distinct possibility that I may well be insane for choosing my busiest day of the year to throw a party, it was actually really really fun!
It was a little...shall we say "intimate", in a 4-people-on-a-loveseat kind of way, but that's what Christmas is all about don't you think?

In the morning we woke up and went over to mom and dad's to open presents.
Clemmie and her cousin Cohen each got a pair of Chuck Taylors from aunt Zoey.

And Meg and Jeff bought her a sled so we can get around in this winter wonderland we're experiencing.
It was a lazy, happy holiday for all.

Colleen told me if I do nothing else today, I have to write about the fact that we're having a BIG sale at Blackbird this week.
30% off all remaining Christmas merchandise.
We had a great season and the store is looking a little picked over right now, but new merchandise is en route!

Our online shopping site is in the works and will launch in January with a big handmade component as well as some creative gift giving ideas.
The wheels are always turning friends.
Somedays I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse.

And so ends nap time, and another belated blog entry.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.
Until next time.
Em


No comments:

Post a Comment