Monday, June 22, 2009

I like kids. But I couldn't eat a whole one.

As per my last post I thought of something else to add to my "good things" list.
Having someone else clean my glasses.
Every now and the I'll treat myself to having Brad clean my lenses.
I don't know what it is, but he gets them so much cleaner than I do.
Anyway. Who cares right?
Just thought of it and had to post.

For all of you crafters out there, have you really introduced yourself to the blogging community?
It's HUGE! 
And so inspiring.
I found the BEST sites on Friday while I was at the shop.
Here are just a few of my new faves:

A quote I found on this site read: "Spoonflower promises to be the most exciting and revolutionary service to come along in the craft world since Etsy.”

People. 
We can design our own fabric! 
We can die now!
I have to do this in my lifetime.
Knowing me it will take me 17 days just to decide what I want to design, and another 11 to choose the colours. But I will do this.

I need to make a life list (another post).



This woman is SO generous with her tutorials.
And I LOVE tutorials.
Clementine definitely has a princess teepee in her future. 
(Clem, if you're reading this, don't scroll down).



Here's one that got me wanting to silkscreen again.



Isn't that shirt a riot?
And her simple little bird print appeals to me for obvious reasons.
Her tutorial is so simple. Love that.

Ugh! My stinkin' blog just got prematurely posted.
You'll only notice this if you get my feed, but still. Annoying.

I suppose I'm done anyway.
I should probably look up from my screen to make a sale or something.
I'll leave you with this.
No I did not end up making myself a tunic or a wrap dress.

But I DID start (and almost finish) a sweet sweet sweater for the Clembot.
And I'm currently butchering one of Brad's dress shirts to make her one of these (I found it on etsy...of course):

Oh. And I also have to make these:
I know.
You wish I was your mom.

5 comments:

  1. I totally wish you were my mom...and maybe Bumblebee's too. She's going to be so jealous of Clem's cool clothes when she's still wearing sleepers at age 6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the blog love!
    Enjoying your blog and glad to have found it!
    We will have to come check your store out seeing that we are only a roadtrip away!
    :)
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link luv! That's sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shout-out! I was a teacher before I became a mom, see. So I can't stop doing tutorials - have to tell everyone what to do. Sad teacher's curse ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all of YOU!!
    For having such fabulous blog-worthy blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete