Friday, June 19, 2009

Good things

I was listening to CBC (I think) months ago and on the air was some dude who'd started a blog listing all the good little things in life that sometimes we take for granted.
No I'm not getting all airy fairy, hippy dippy, gag me with a spoon on you here.
Some of the things were actually pretty funny (though I can't think of a single one of his now of course), and made me think of a few things I'd add to his list.
It's fun to think of the things that make us happy.
Here's a few I thought of this morning:

1. Having someone else refill the milk bag so my cereal doesn't get soggy going to the fridge for a new one.

2. Waking up to coffee already brewing in the pot.

3. Eating all the veggies in the fridge before they can even think about going bad.

4. Vacuuming up dust bunnies. 

5. Sleeping 6 or more consecutive hours.

6. Having someone schedule an event on a day you already have off.

So apparently I'm lazy and like to eat.
And occasionally I clean the house, but only if it's dirty enough to be satisfying.
That's really what it comes down to isn't it?
There are more. Plenty.
But this is what I've got for today. Feel free to share your own.

On a less cheerful note, my dear dear dear dear friends John and Josie had to put their pooch down this week.
Sexy Lexy. Lexy Lou. The Lexmeister.
Dear old Lex.
Look at this beautiful dog. 
She was John's best buddy and the dog that made Josie love animals.
If anyone could do it, Lex could.
I've lost my share of animals in my life, and it is tough.
Tougher than losing a human sometimes. 
Lex, I hope you're in doggy heaven eating straight off the table.
Actually, I hope you're in regular heaven so John and Jos can hug you again someday.

Dog breath kisses,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment