Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Etsy Shop...and other stuff that Saturdays are for.

Well it's not even Sunday night and I've opened my etsy shop!
I haven't posted everything, but it's a start, and it means I stuck to my word and got it done.
So line up and place your orders people.
Or, at the very least, check it out.

This is an incredible feat really, considering my darling Clementine is officially colic.
We've had a rough few nights that ended in mornings that looked liked this:
A 4am photoshoot that almost made the 8hrs of screaming worth every second. 
But not quite.

I was so tired I thought I was going to ralph (any opportunity to use that word), but that's passed and we're into the weekend now, which means I've got an extra set of hands.
Brad's out with her now enjoying "Father/Daughter Saturday" at Canadian Tire. 
Hence my ability to get things done!

Another reason we've been able to manage is because...da da dada!!! Stephanie Raycroft to the rescue!!!!
Stephanie is the older sister of one of my dear friends Kim.
She's also the mother of a formerly colic little girl. 
The moment she learned of my plight (like we needed another reason to love Facebook) she offered to help.
And help she did.
She gave us some advice, and this unsuspecting little toy:
It makes sounds that are supposed to lull little ones to sleep. And (would you believe?) it actually works! 
Here it is in action (with a little help from the bouncy lounge, a quarter teaspoon of Gripe Water and her pluggie).
Okay. So it sort of works. 
That left eye never did fully close...but her mouth did, and that's what's really important.

So while the loves of my life are out and about, I'm nurturing my other love, crafting, and finishing up a little knit toy that I'm making for Cole (Andrea and Charlie's kid) who turned one this month.
And I'm starting a sling which I've coined "The Clementine Survival Sling" and plan to make for every one of my friends who is expecting.

Here's the one my mom made me working like a charm:

And here's the one I'm making for my gf Petrice:
Taking this picture I was struck by how much joy it brings me to have an ironing board cover that matches my iron.
Does my obsession with matching make you want to ralph or what?

I did other things too.
Like make cupcakes for my thoughtful neighbours who gave us a shower gift like A MONTH ago, and who we had yet to thank.
And put up my wacky wreath that I made out of fabric scraps and a grapevine wreath that wasn't selling at the shop.
That's it.
Tomorrow I will write whining about how tired I am and how I "should have slept yesterday while I had the chance" and blah blah blah.

Until then.
xo Em

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I don't know if you are a believer in chiropractors, but a friend of mine took her colicky baby to one, and I guess it is like night and day. Baby stopped crying 24 hours a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! Actually I have been taking her to the Chiropractor and it seems to be helping. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete