Saturday, April 23, 2011

Few things

Deservedly so, I've had a pretty bad cold since my Pop Up Shop last Friday.
My body is pretty nice to me and usually holds out until after a big event to break down.
But that still doesn't make it much fun.
Pity party over though.

I am happily positioned behind my computer at the shop on a rainy Saturday, ticking things off my to do list, sipping a half bold half smooth Equator coffee (because I'm difficult), singing along to Jason Mraz on the stereo, and hacking up a lung between customers.
Not to worry. I've already cracked out the hand sanitizer.
You'll be fine if you visit.

So let's do a little housekeeping.


AGENDA ITEM ONE: Easter Hours

We are OPEN: Friday 11-4, Saturday 10-5, Sunday (closed), Monday 11-4.


AGENDA ITEM TWO: Pop Up Shop

The Pop Up Shop was a big hit.
Though we didn't officially open until 5pm, we had a few 4:30 door crashers and I think that kind of enthusiasm should be rewarded...so we opened up shop early.
It was a flurry of flying scarves and jewelry and "can I try that on if you're not taking it"s for about an hour and a half and by about 6:30 the crowds had died down and it felt like 9pm.
Me working on an up sell. Apparently I'm pigeon-toed. Excellent.

The line up. (aka. my favourite pic of the bunch)


Awesome body forms on loan from The White Lilly.
Saw horse turned shelf courtesy of the landlord and Colleen's creative brain.
Christmas lights courtesy of my mom.
Amazing what a little twinkle can do to dress up a place.

Some happy shoppers taking advantage of the free manicures courtesy of Carmel Broughton of Carmelized.

Personally, I think this one was better than the October event.
We had a bit more space and a lot more stuff, so I haven't been subject to any angry "We got there at 7 and there was nothing left" emails.
Yet.

I'm thinking of taking this concept online so watch for that.

Thanks to all who came and helped (eventually) put my 3 month old through college.
The two year old is getting a scholarship. It's already decided.
Which brings us to the next item on our agenda.


AGENDA ITEM THREE: Kids

Griffin is officially 3 months.
Making it acceptable to wear 3-6 month clothing, although he's been in it since about 3 weeks old.
Eesh. These kids are big.
Since I have been pretty bad about journalling baby number two's progress, I figure I should at least keep updating my blog with pictures.
I think I had a whole scrapbook full of memories by the time the Cleminator was 3 months old.
Griffin's got a few grainy iPhone uploads and that's about it.
Thankfully, our children are so darned adorable that other people have been inclined to snap a few pictures.
Here are some shots from our trip to Fulton's Pancake House last weekend courtesy of Dan Greenberg.

Clemmie sucking down a maple lollypop between bites of pancake.
With a side of attitude.

Griffin sleeping like the little angel baby that he is.
Looking uncannily (a word?) like his big sister at that age.


AGENDA ITEM FOUR: Handmade Harvest

Once again the Humm has written a great article about the show next month.

I am so proud of this event.
Colleen and I, not to mention the vendors, have pulled out all the stops to make it great.
The swag bags, to give one example of what I mean, are DEFINITELY going to be worth lining up for.
It's going to take everything I have in me not to steal one to be honest.
But that would be wrong.
And you know how I believe in karma.

Let's just say you won't be going home with just a handful of coupons. I mean, there will be coupons. But there will also be ummm...JEWELRY and, um, little fabric WALLETS and, um CANDY.
The first 50 shoppers will get all of these things and more.
So come early!!

Since my last post I've also had a chance to get to know another one of our sponsors - Lilly White.
You can read our interview with her here.

That's all for now.
Happy Easter everyone!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment