Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fabric Flower Fun

We hosted our 2nd Creative Workshop here on Tuesday night and, if you'll allow me to get a bit dorky for a second, what fun!

Thankfully none of the crafters are married to the fire inspector (or the liquor inspector for that matter) because we definitely had a few open flames happening.
Dangerously close to some seriously flammable vintage scarves at times.
No risk no reward though right?
That's what I always say.

We taught the group two different techniques for making flowers, made them try both, then let them loose to create.
And create they did!
Tatiana even took the headband right off her head and embellished it.
I love a girl who can really get into it.

The generous Trish ended up donating a flower she made to Charlene because it matched the hat she purchased just so darned perfectly.

What a friendly bunch.
And so quick to sacrifice.

Petrice, who claims not to be crafty at all, made some sweet little hair clips for Ana Banana. Not to mention a few things for herself.

Sadie loved her creations so much she had to model them right away.
Incidentally, I've seen her twice since Tuesday and I think she's been sporting a flower in her hair both times.
That's our Sadie!


Christine Moses, of Kid's Night Door and Pay it Forward fame, got into my leather scrap selection and really put her own twist on things.

Christina (our only returning workshopper) made this for the Abmeister out of fabric from an old polyester blouse of mine:
How cute would that be in a little flower girl's hair?
I can hardly stand it.

Carolyn turned a key ring into a...well...she turned it into a ring.
I mean, I'm a risk taker and all, but I don't know if my brain would even have gone to those creative heights!
I'm sure she'll get lots of wear out of it. :)
She made a super cute hair band as well.
Brook hacked into some fabric from a dress I bought for Josie's Sex and the City birthday party a few years ago.
She really went nuts with the layers and beads.
This picture doesn't do it any justice, but it was so beautiful!

That's right folks. Anything goes at these things.
You should probably think about coming to the next one.

I'm thinking March 9th, canvas decoupage art...funky fabric, beautiful paper, a photograph you love, a quote that inspires you, paintbrushes...stay tuned.
When is March Break anyway?

Em

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Stuff Ladies! One of these days I will make it to one of them! XO

    ReplyDelete