Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dream Room

If money and time were not an object, I would one million percent build myself a craft room.
It'd have a huge cutting board table smack in the centre, and cupboard after cupboard filled with supplies.

All of which would be organized with mason jars full of buttons and beads (but not seashells...too tacky), and there would be ribbon on tangle resistant spools whenever I need it...


I'd have a little nook carved out for my sewing machine and it'd look just like I plucked it right out of an Anthropologie store window but with electrical outlets.
Lots of electrical outlets.


I found most of these drool worthy images on TheProject Girl's blog by the way. Check her out.

I think I'll make a room like this one of my many life goals.
You may have to read this blog for a few more years to see if I ever get my dream room, but it'll be worth it.
Just stick with me folks.
Also, could you talk to Brad?

You know what I did today?
I shopped in my own store!
In the past 3 weeks we have had about 40 boxes (that's about 38 boxes more than I can handle right now) of gorgeous spring merchandise delivered, and I just could not resist any longer.

I know.
You would probably expect that, as the owner of this lovely establishment, things would find themselves in the trunk of my car all the time, but really, I hardly ever keep anything for myself.
I usually pick an item up and think "Ooooo, this is way too cute. It'll sell".

So I guess that's one good thing about having WAY TOO MUCH merchandise in the shop.
Who's going to miss a throw rug here, or a flower vase there?
Somebody might miss this though.
There's only one.



We unpacked lots of other cute items in too.
I thought I might just skip around the shop and take some pictures for you.

Paper flower bunches to springify your window sills...

Oversized glass rings (a shocking $7.99 sticker price on these babies!)...

Adorable little grass birds perched on a rickety shelf...

Pretty, seasonal wreaths for indoor or out...

Monarch butterflies for...oh who knows...

Vintage inspired cappuccino gift sets in baby blue...

Hand painted wood and tin birds...

Decorative drawer pulls...

Mini window vignettes...

And display after display of great stuff you didn't know you needed until you saw it.
There's so much to look at and we're changing things up almost daily.

Valentines merchandise (what's left of it) is now 50% off, and we've got some pretty cute Easter items for entertaining and decorating.

Hope to see you soon.
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Oh noooooooooooooooo. I need to come shop immediately. I want that calendar. I never know the date anymore. And those birds... all of them. You know, I saw someone one make a wreath out of butterflies and it was soooooo pretty. They also make pretty napkin decorations for a dinner party, AND Martha once decorated a whole wedding cake with them, sort of like a faux spray of butterflies. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing ideas Kim!!
    I might have to crack out the glue gun and stick one on a hat too!

    ReplyDelete