Monday, October 26, 2009

Regretsy


I have a new favourite website.
Meet Regretsy.

As you know I LOVE Etsy, but along with all the fabulousness, there's a lot of wacky shit on that site.
For example:

The life sized pizza brooch.
I thought I liked pizza as much as the next girl, but I guess that's really only if the next girl isn't wearing a freaking BROOCH in the shape of a slice.
(ps.anyone else hate that brooch has 2 o's? I don't know how I'd like to spell it, but it just looks so pretentious with that extra o.)

The best part? I found it in the SOLD section of Regretsy.
Someone bought this! Granted, it was only $7, but you could buy a slice of REAL pizza for $7.
A really good piece too.
Maybe even a little side salad.

There are some pretty sick items on this site too.
Like a pillow with a silk screened uterus on it, a lapel pin made from a real turtle foot, and a "real" mounted, taxidermy stuffed black unicorn.
Barf.
Who would kill a unicorn!? They're so rare!

I wish I had a picture of my friend Josie's "regretsy" to show you. (I'll add it if I can find the picture on my home computer - Found one! What you can't see is that the dress isn't actually zipped at the back, and those gorgeous fake flowers are hiding the best part, but at least you can get an idea of the quality of the fabric. Jos, please don't hate me for posting these!!)
A few months ago she bought what looked like a gorgeous wedding dress on Etsy for something like $150 US.
The pictures online showed a beautiful bride running through a busy city street wearing this gorgeous frock.
About a month later the piece of garbage showed up looking like an upchucked wedding cake...only acrylic.

Honestly.
It's atrocious.
The fabric is so cheap you'd be nervous to be in the same house as an open flame, and the sewing is wayyyy off.
The bust is all akimbo and there are seams in places there should be no seams.
Not to mention boobies.

The bright side of this story is that we definitely got at LEAST $150 worth of laughs out of the thing.
And it'll make a great addition to her kid's dress up trunk someday.

Anyway. Enjoy.
It's the write ups below the items that make this site hilarious beyond hilarious.
Welcome to my new addiction.

Em


3 comments:

  1. As soon as I can get Fiona to stop taking the pumpkin barette out of her hair and teach her that her Auntie Emily makes beautiful things that aren't meant to be chewed on, you will see us strolling the streets of Almonte displaying your wares and telling everyone about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Regretsy...just about died laughing at the comments. Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!
    Danielle, you're such a great advocate for me. Fi can do whatever she likes with her clip. It's DELICIOUSLY cute I guess.

    Ashley, LOVE your profile pic. Cute little family you've got there :)
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete