Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Patches and other cute stuff

I FINALLY made some stuff this weekend.
I'm mildly obsessed with putting clips in Clemmie's hair but it's hard to find ones that aren't incredibly dorky.
So I decided to make some.
It's what I do okay?

Since I am useless at crocheting (it truly has become the bane of my existence), I trolled Etsy for cute appliques and, as usual, I was not disappointed in what I found.
I bought a bunch of appliques of all sizes, some dollar store grosgrain ribbon and a ton of alligator clips.
All for about $15.

And then I went to town.
This is just a few.
My favourites are actually the ones I made using the crocheted circles you can see in my supplies shot.
They are to-die-for-cute and I am SO going to sell them in the shop.
I may even hold a little workshop in the new year.
Colleen and I have been brainstorming (also as usual) and I think this could be a fun way to generate a little additional revenue during slower retail months.
But I digress.

Hey. Want to see a happy kid?


We took Clementine to the pumpkin patch this Sunday, and the girl loved herself some fall fun.
We toured the chicken coop...
Explored the corn maze...

Went on a hay ride...
And screamed at some pumpkins.
This last shot I took thinking I should try to take the same shot every year so we can watch her grow.
She doesn't look it really, but she's actually crying in this picture.
After I took it we realized we hadn't changed her diaper in about 5 hours.
Excellent.

Last on the cuteness list, shop stuff.
My friend Melissa designed me an adorable little logo to use on some reusable bags.
Yep. Blackbird has jumped on the reusable bag bandwagon finally.

Free with purchases over $50, or $2.99 each, we'll donate $.10 to the Almonte General Hospital every time you use one of these bags, or opt not to take one of our paper bags.
And that's it!

Christmas arrives here November 13th so stay tuned for info about our Open House, or join the mailing list at www.blackbirdshop.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment