Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Renovations

Brad and I are officially in month 11 of what should have been maybe a 3 month renovation of our back room.
Once a three season (now a no season) we're trying to make this room a more functional part of our home.
We're outgrowing this place you know, and the inlaws are going to need a place to sleep!

Last September we installed all new windows, tore out the ceiling and the walls (yet to be replaced)...and the floor and have been at a standstill since.

Money, obviously, is a huge factor.
And we're at the cursed age where we try to do everything "IY" (as in diy) and on the cheap. But I think we're past the point of being able to tackle this alone.
My good friend Tim who can pretty much do anything as far as I'm concerned came in to give us an estimate and has agreed to help us out.

I just really want a beautiful, simple, functional space that Clemmie can play in, I can craft in, and Brad can be left alone with his "stories" (or TSN..whatever).

I want it to be bright and with lots of hidden storage like benches that open and I can toss Clementine's accoutrements into.
Gosh that girl has a lot of baggage.
And we never buy her toys.
She must have figured out shoplifting because I honestly don't know where we acquire these things. I'll have to watch her more closely.

On one of my blog hunts today I found a picture of exactly what I want.
On one wall anyway.
Check it.

If you could get in there with a microscope you'd see that those are painted knobs on the doors.
Red and white.
So cute.

Gotta run!
Em

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I just saw that picture of your dream room. It looks fantastic and I hope you can achieve this in your reno.

    Jan ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily,

    Check this site out (http://www.knock-offwood.com/). If you guys are handy, you may be able to achieve some of the looks you want with some of these plans. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those built ins are ADORABLE and like lilpigdesigns said, chck out Knock off wood. Awesome site!

    ReplyDelete