Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthday Blogging

I'm 31 today.
So you officially can't tell me what to do anymore.
You're not the boss of me.

I'm at work. Hence the blogging.
But it's okay. It's Puppets Up! here in Almonte. Our largest summertime festival.
It's also the largest International Puppet Festival in Canada.
Actually, I don't know that to be true. But I can't imagine what the competition might be.

If ever you're in Almonte the first weekend of August you really should come.
Especially if you have kids.

You know what else (I mean besides puppets) is good about today?
The cake that Chris O'Brien brought me.


It's a thing of beauty.
Made by talented girls in nearby Carp who own a company called The Girl with the Most Cake.
Chris gave me one last year too. Thoughtful man that Chris.

He's running for Town Council here in Almonte incidentally.
So vote Chris O'Brien if you live here.
I mean if you want someone who might randomly show up on your doorstop with cake helping make the calls around town.

Who doesn't really.

Happy birthday to me!
xo Em

3 comments:

  1. Well hi and Happy Birthday, Em. It's my daughter's birthday too today so I felt I must wish you all the best. That is a great cake. Enjoy! See you next time I'm in Almonte cat-sitting. Deb =^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Emily. 31!!! I still think of you as a lovely, self-confident 10 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Happy Birthday to YOU!

    Umm, I need that cake!

    ReplyDelete