Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where oh where?!

Where have you BEEN Emily!?
It's been weeks since you wrote last!

Truth is, I can't really tell you where I've been.
I've been here.
But a bit checked out maybe.

It's the same old song, but I just have way too much on my plate these days. And I'm trying to enjoy my down time more.
Instead of blogging during naps, or sewing jewelry bags for the shop, or painting the bathroom (still not done), whatever else kind of mess I usually stir up, I've been trying to chill the heck out.
As the weeks go by I keep having little flashbacks of what it was like to have a newborn at home, and having no time to myself.

Clementine has become a pleasure to spend time with.
I mean, I actually really, truly enjoy our days together now.
This is a new thing.
Until very recently (and you can go ahead and think I'm awful for saying this - you know I only post the nice comments anyway) I still found her a bit of a drag.

I like to get a lot done.
I like to jump out of the car, grab the mail, jump back in, jump out for a quick grocery run, jump back in, grab a few things here, visit this person there, check in at the store, etc etc...all without having to buckle and unbuckle a fussy kid who would have been really content to stay at the post office running her hands over all the post boxes.

She's so flexible now though. So long as she has a book, or a toy, or fistful of Cheerios, she goes with the flow.

I'm very excited to be growing our little family, but it's making me a bit anxious to think that I better get my butt in gear over the next 6 months if I want to get everything I want to do done.
The list is long.

First things first though, I'm VERY focussed on making Colleen's and my new baby (the Handmade Harvest Craft Show) a huge success.
The deadline for submissions is August 1st by the way.
We've had lots of great submissions come in over the past few days even.

Looks like you crafters are after my own heart with your last minute scrambling.
If you're one of the late comers, I hope you're still considering sending us your application.

Simply email us at hello@handmadeharvest.com with a description of your work and a few photographs to give us an idea of what you're talking about and we'll let you know by August 15th if our jury selects you.

Knowing you, it'll be fabulous.
Not to worry.

For all the nitty gritty details about applying and about the show in general, please visit www.handmadeharvest.com.

Ok. I've got the blog thing rolling again.
I'll write soon. I promise.

Em




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you're back! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete