Friday, September 4, 2009

This post brought to you by: Nap time.

Ah nap time.

I don't want to sound like a Braggy McBraggerson or anything, but I am getting pretty good at this mom thing.
I mean really good.
We're at two nononsense you-will-cry-until-you-fall asleep-and-you-will-like-it daytime naps, a strict no-fuss-no-muss 7pm bedtime, and only one nighttime feeding which has recently moved to about 4am, followed by a back to bed at least until the sun comes up.
Which, thankfully, is getting later and later.

She still makes a bit of a fuss at about midnight but I've just been going in, rubbing a little baby Anbesol on her gums (she's still majorly teething) and leaving.
I can usually hear her playing for a bit.
I think she enjoys the numb feeling in her mouth because it sounds like she's pulling on her tongue and talking which, when I picture it, makes me giggle.

We're living day to day in this house so we'll have to deal with her possible addiction to pain meds another time.

Clementine will be 7 months old on the 9th (already!) and she is learning things every second of the day it seems. She can clap now and give you 5. She can sort of wave bye too, and if you say "kitty?" she'll kick her legs and twist her whole body reaching for the cat.
The other day I caught her studying me as I bit my nails and all I could think was "Shit. I'm going to have to stop biting my nails!"

But enough about the baby.
I'm back in Blackbird 6 days a week now!
2-5 Monday through Friday and 10-5 on Saturdays.
Clementine has started day care 3 afternoons a week and is with my mom or Brad the other days.
So far I'm pretty mentally spent from all the schedule organizing and running around, but it's so nice to be back semi-full time and get a little more control over my finances.

I did pretty well with my summer buy at the store. All our remaining summer merchandise has been 40% off for a couple weeks now and we're almost sold out.
So, if you need a hostess gift, birthday or wedding present, take advantage while you still can!
I've decided to try not to put anything in storage anymore. I'd rather get my money back, or at least some of it, than hang on to year old stuff.
Better out than in I always say.
Not necessarily about merchandise, but it works here don't you think?

Oh, remember a while back when I found the smiley face on my cutting board?
Well I found another one.
This time it was Cheerios on the rug, but I kind of love when I make these discoveries.
Think that's fun?
Check these out!
The first is something I got in the mail from Melissa for my birthday.
What an awesome gift to send someone if you can't see them on their birthday. I have to do this someday.

It's a little teensy weensy envelope, with a miniature wax seal and a little note. Luckily it came with a 10x magnifying glass so I could read it.
I think it's pretty much one of the coolest little gifts I've ever received. She's a creative one that Melissa. When I finally did see her a few weekends ago she also gave me passes to go to a typesetting workshop with her in Toronto.
A new craft for me to become obsessed with. My favourite!

The second thing, and I don't know why I didn't mention it before, but Brad also really came through this birthday. He got me this from Etsy.
Proof that the man listens to my ramblings afterall!
It's called a Thaumatraup. On the otherside is a bird. If you spin it fast enough, the bird looks like it's in the cage.
I love it.
Unfortunately within 24 hours of receiving it, it somehow found it's way into Clem's mouth and the ink smudged. I think Brad was more upset about that than I was. I'll still wear it proudly as it is.

Perfect timing.
I can hear the little goofball grumbling to herself upstairs.
Just time for one more picture and then this nap is over.
See you soon!!
xo Em


This is an old one, but I just got it and I think it's pretty cute.
Clockwise from Clementine (4 months), Sophia Newton (1.5 months) & Liam Ray (9 days).

No comments:

Post a Comment