Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Makin' Stuff

My mom bought me a great sewing machine about 6 years ago and though I've sewn my share of pillows and curtains and cosmetic bags and baby slings, I really haven't done anything truly useful with it.
Clem is behaving a kazillion times better these days (has a maximum of 2 melt downs a day and sleeps (read: practically) through the night) so I'm starting to think maybe crafting is back in the cards.

I just might try my hand at clothing. 
We're not talking resale quality here, just maybe fashion for personal use. 
My fitness kick is still in high gear and my jiggly bits are starting to look a little less jiggalicious, but shopping still isn't a barrel of laughs and girl needs some cute stuff for summer.

I'm thinking a tunic might be a good place to start. Or a wrap skirt.
Or a mu mu cleverly disguised as a sundress. 
Belts can do that you know.
Here are a few cute Amy Butler patterns I found online. 
I think I could make these.
I think.
Guess we'll just have to find out won't we?

I should probably make something for my girl too.
But Clem's got enough clothes to last her until she's 3.
At least.

Colleen made her the CUTEST tiered skirt the other day. Which she promptly pooped in (she liked it THAT much).
No I don't have a picture of her in it. But I will take one. I know how much you want to see it, and Col deserves a shout out for making it (and for being pooped on).

What else.
Brad is now taking Friday's off until September in lieu of vacation and I'm working Fridays and Saturdays in the shop. Which I am so happy about.
I can't help but be curious about how today is going for those two at home.
Not worried. Just curious.

xo Em

2 comments:

  1. i totally use to sell TONS of these at a fabric store i worked at in toronto... it's amazing how frequently i see the patterns. they were pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever try to sew one? I haven't started these and wonder how difficult Amy Butler patterns are. Any idea?

    Also...who are you? Do you still live in TO or are you from Almonte. Show yourself :)

    ReplyDelete