Monday, April 27, 2009

The luckiest girl I know.

I am one of the luckiest people I know.

I had (another) rough week last week and you'd hardly know it for all the support I've got around me. I'm not going to get into the details because Mondays are for moving forward, but I will just say that I have the BEST friends, the BEST parents and the BEST employees a girl could ask for.

My dad gave me the awesome gift of a personal trainer since I wrote last and I've been to the gym almost every day since. I've even begun using the child minding service they offer and you can't imagine how liberating it feels to drop Clem off for an hour without the guilt of having left her with a family member.
We have a standing appointment with the sitter Tuesday and Thursday mornings until Clementine is 13.
So yes (thanks for asking) Project Em is going well. 

The weather is gorgeous today and I'm in the mood for a little reshuffle at the shop.
The place could use a good Spring cleaning and my displays need to be looked at with a fresh set of eyes. Maybe a new window display is in order.
I think so.

Brad, Clem and I are heading out on our first road trip this Friday and it's bound to be an adventure. 
I hope this doesn't screw up her sleeping patterns too much. 
She's been so good lately (I've just jinxed it haven't I?)
Saturday we were at a party at Scott and Andrea's and we were even able to put her to sleep in their nursery. 
Like a REAL kid!
And last night she slept from 9:30pm to 4:30am. 
That's 7 hours people.
SEVEN.
I can actually perform on seven hours of sleep. Pretty well too.

This is sort of a nothing blog, so I'll just leave you with a few of the pretty darn cool 
things I discovered this week:

The first: Ana Whiting. 
Petrice and Jason had their little girl a few weeks early and though I've only laid virtual eyes on her, the kid is cute. Kaaaa. Ute.
The second: Cherry Creek Charms on Etsy. This girl makes charm necklaces with Blackbird's EXACT bird logo. 

Obviously I'm going to have to buy some.
And by some I mean lots.

The third: This great web store called Mahar Dry Goods.
Colleen sent me this link a few months ago but I've only just now had time to appreciate it.
I want an online store like this. Amanda, if you're reading this, let's do it.

Last but not least, what's a post these days without a shot of the girl?
Who is getting CRAZY tall.
Or is it long since she's not exactly vertical?

Check out these pics. The first is Clementine at about 5 weeks. The second was taken around 9 weeks.
She's in the 90 something percentile (a good mother would know the exact number I'm sure) for height so hopefully she'll be tall like her daddy.
Until next time.
Em

1 comment:

  1. Emily: sounds good! Let me know when you want to chat!

    ReplyDelete