Monday, February 2, 2009

Due Date


So today is our official due date aaaaaaaaaaaand...

Nothing.
So disappointing. 
I know babies don't know what date it is, but I (as I think I've mentioned before) am all about instant gratification and the waiting is getting to me.
Big time.

I'm used to being so busy. 
I've been away from the store since January 18th now and it just feels like such a waste. Instead of unpacking all the fabulous stuff we just got in for Spring, I'm at home watching horrifying episodes of A Birth Story and catching up on Oprah.
And see, the less I have to do, the less I do do.
I could have been blogging every darn day, but have I? No.
I even have some interesting tidbits to tell. Sort of.

For instance, the other day when I lifted a glass of water I had placed on the cutting board, I was pleasantly greeted by this cheerful image:
Do you see it? 
Must be a sign.
Yeah. A sign that I am waaaaaay boooooored.

Also, mom and I went to Babies R Us to buy a Diaper Genie and when Brad and I unpacked it at home we discovered it was USED! Honestly. Barf. It stunk to high heaven and was missing a few pieces. How disgusting is that!?

What else. What else.
I started knitting pillows in the shape of houses and am going to mail one to Catherine at Red Shoes. You know, just to solidify the whole stalker thing I already have going.
UPDATE! Not only did I finish the pillow, but I sent it and got a shout out on Catherine's blog.

I've popped in to the shop a few times over the past few weeks and every time I do there's another thoughtful gift from one of my amazing customers. Today I arrived to find an adorable hand knit sweater and hat from Bob and Barb Moshier. I'm so lucky to live in such a wonderful place. 
Almonte truly lives up to it's title "The Friendly Town".

I guess that's it.
I'm pretty much a shut in since everywhere I go in town I get the whole "Oh my GOD you haven't had that baby yet? I can't believe it! Sharon and I were just talking about how big you were a few weeks ago, and here you are...still pregnant! I bet that baby's almost 10 pounds by now!"

God willing I'll have some very exciting news to post about really soon. I have another appointment at the hospital on Thursday so maybe someone will take pity on my and help me have this baby already.


1 comment:

  1. cute post! i hope that your little one arrives very soon! {ps...i love your polka dot dresser...lovely!}

    ReplyDelete