Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's obvious by now that I am so inspired by Catherine at Red Shoes.
Her creativity astounds.
I first found her gorgeous shop online (she's in Ann Arbor) in September and spotted the most adorable polka dot dresser that she had painted for her store's baby department.
I saved the image and vowed that I'd make my own for our nursery.
This week, I did!
Dad gave me an old dresser that we've had in the family since before I was born. 
It's actually a super cute piece that Brad really didn't want me to paint, but a girls got to do...blah blah...right?
Mom and Dad came over last weekend and helped make a few minor repairs, sand and prime it.
They're so good to me.
I had to give the thing about 4 coats of white before I got start with the polka dots. And I'm an instant gratification girl so that used up about all the patience I have for this week.
When it was ready, I found a drinking glass that was about the size I wanted, and started tracing. I decided to forgo the usual green and yellow for our gender-unspecific nursery and, instead, am going for orange. (Well it's more of a clementine colour actually) :)
It turned out so beautifully.
So the baby's room now has a crib and a dresser. Fancy!
And a few scrumptious pieces of art courtesy of the talented Miss. Melis.
37 and a half weeks pregnant today!
Friday will be my last day at the store. Full time anyway. I'm a little sad/nervous to take off from this place, but I'm ready to go at the same time. 
I'm just exhausted. 
And I'm afraid that the baby will come early and I won't have any time to just chill out and clean the house.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment