Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nice things about last week.

It snowed like a banshee last week. 
It was really beautiful, but it certainly made getting around a little more challenging.

Wednesday morning when I arrived at the store, the sidewalk needed some serious love.
I mean, my customers are dedicated, but I'm not sure they'll risk death by snowbank for a few Christmas ornaments and a condiment bowl shaped like Frosty the Snowman.
As much as I'd like to think.

So I grabbed the shovel and started at it. Oblivious to the fact that at 8 months pregnant I'm not the exactly the easiest girl to walk past without offering a hand.
Didn't take two minutes before one of my more fabulous customers (and now friends) came by to help.
She's initiated a "random acts of kindness" challenge at work, and I was the lucky random who got to be her good deed for the day.


It's been a whole week of nice things actually. 
Yep. I made a list.

MONDAY
Colleen offered to work the entire day so I didn't have to plan my activities around getting to the store for 3pm. AND it allowed me to get the door finished!

TUESDAY
The Jezewskis (wonderful customers and parents of a childhood friend of mine) surprised me with a gift for the baby! An adorable book called That's not my Monkey and a swaddling blanket brought back from their trip to Vancouver. The thoughtfulness overwhelms me.

Jennifer (who owns this funky company) made ONE HUNDRED tags for the kids to attach to their gifts on Kid's Night. Her husband even dropped them off so I didn't have to pick them up.

WEDNESDAY
Christine shoveled the sidewalk. And, despite the weather, I had my biggest sale to date! Woohoo!!

THURSDAY
Kid's Night! All my volunteers rallied together for a fabulously fun night.

FRIDAY
Got a card in the mail from a real estate agent in Ottawa who reads my blog! Brad and I went for a yummy dinner and chilled on the couch after a looooooong tiresome week.

SATURDAY
Wildly busy day at the store. Sold a LOT of Christmas stuff which always excites me since the last thing I want to do is pack it back up until next year.

SUNDAY
Brad and I went to an all day all intensive Pre Natal Course in Westboro. It was terrifying/informative.
Blackbird had it's FIRST EVER staff party at the Ironworks

Two more events (Kid's Night this Thursday and Men's Night on the 23rd) left before the holidays. 
I just might make it after all.

xoxo Em

No comments:

Post a Comment